Chapter 43

Harry's POV

32 miss calls, 67 messages and 43 voice messages.

November 1st

To say we had a wild night would be an understatement. Somewhere between karaoke and waking up in a bed that I vaguely recognise, I'd say it was alright. But when I felt around the covers to find Dakota nowhere in reaching distance, my heart started to beat twice as fast.

Snapping my eyes open, my stomach drops. I recognise the room, the curtains, the way they were slightly to long, I recognise that same 'homey' smell that's different for every house. Oh fuck. Why am I in Phoebes bedroom.

I have to check, oh god please please do not be naked! With my whole world about to crash and burn or be mildly still standing, I force my eyes open and pull back the covers.
'THANK FUCKKKKKKK!!!'

I let out a fat sigh and jump out of the bed that was half made on one side. Still wearing my stupid Halloween costume from the night before, I thank whoever is watching out for me for not making a massive mistake.

What the hell happened last night, why am I here of all places? With a splitting headache and dodgy belly from all the alcohol, I stumble my way out of the room and down the stairs. Doing my very best to be as quiet as possible.
Jesus the last thing I want it's to bump into morning Phoebe.

Just 5 steps at the most left to the front door, I'd managed to make little to no sound. I've done it! I'm safe!
'Harry? Are you awake? I'm in the kitchen.'
Fuck fuck fuck fuck. Should I just leave? Act like nothing happened?

Light footsteps start to creep up on me, rapidly getting faster and faster. With nowhere to go, I have to face her. Here goes nothing!
I turn around, with a fake smile on my face but who I see, I was not expecting. The one person I didn't want to see.

'DAKOTA! What- what the fuck are you doing here?' That's it, I'm a dead man. I've been caught red handed with no way of worming myself out of this one. My world is imploding as the seconds tick by. Like in slow motion everything goes to shit. Standing at the end of the hall, Dow eyes and messy hair from the night before, my sweet baby. What have I done.

With her arms stretched out, she plods her way over to me. Puffy faced and her bottom lip sticking out. This is it. My eyes start to water at the thought of even touching any other woman besides her.
I can't look. I close my eyes to hide away from the hurt I've caused this angel.

'Hey drunky. Good job you knew a friend this side of town. Can't believe all the taxis were booked up for the whole night.' Still extremely confused she wraps her arms around my waist and pulls me into a hug. She's not mad? Did we both stay the night here? Where's Phoebe?

After a long sleepy hug, Dakota pulls away just enough, stretching up in her tippy toes to peck my lips. 'H? Are you ok? You're acting so weird.' Of course I'm acting weird. I've just woken up in my ex friends with benefits bed with no memory of how or when I got there!

'Why do I have so many miss calls and stuff on my phone?' I know I might sound crazy but I need to be sure I didn't fuck anything up last night.

'Wow you really must have drank to much last night. Do you not remember? We were stranded at the pub, no taxis were coming and we had nowhere to go. When we were about to mission walk home, we bumped into your friend, Phoebe. She was just finishing her night shift at a hotel near by and offered to take us to her place as she didn't know your address and I couldn't bloody remember, being to drunk myself. Mitch and everyone left earlier than us. They're back home.'

I could not tell you the relief that washed through me. I didn't fuck it up. I didn't fuck Phoebe.
I was standing to still for to long. I know I was. I quickly clear my throat and kiss her pouty lips, brushing the stray hairs out of her face.

'Come on, Phoebe made us breakfast.' With that I force my feet to go, face the unknown.

1 hour later

'I'm so glad I've got to meet so many of your friend H, Phoebe I just love your house, it's so beautiful.' I was shocked when I walked into the kitchen to find Phoebe casually looking through a cook book, fiddling with random stuff, and her new fiancé leaning on the cupboard. We'd talked about our lives briefly and how they met, me and Phoebe giving knowing looks that said, neither of them know so let's keep it that way.

It wasn't long after that that I'd made it clear I wanted to get the hell out of there and never return. What a bizarre start to the new month.

A little short again- I'm sorry! But look! For all my 'Original' fans, I gave you Phoebe and Daniel! I think this is going to be a double update so stick around for that

A little short again- I'm sorry! But look! For all my 'Original' fans, I gave you Phoebe and Daniel! I think this is going to be a double update so stick around for that. E x