Chapter 46

Jeffreys POV

'What the fuck do you mean you lost them! They've only got a hand full of places they can fucking hide! You're supposed to be the best of the best!' Fucking imbeciles. If you want something doing right, just do it myself.

Does the boy really think I haven't known where he and Dakota have been this whole time? I've got eyes and ears all over this bloody town. Speaking of ears.

'Right bring him to me and make sure he's conscious this time, me and him need to talk.' It's hard work being the bad guy all the time. I don't know what I bloody pay these goons for, I'm always having to handle the dirty work.

Finally, god I thought they'd lost the pathetic man. How long does it take to drag a man out of a pit in the ground.
'Bring him to me, come on.' Walking into the room are 2 of my men, god knows what their names are, dragging the shell of a man under an arm each. Opie Winston.

I'm shocked at Harry's commitment to the bitch he's so desperate to keep alive. I was so sure he'd have handed her over to me by now to save his 'best friend'.

Looking down at the man on the floor, I feel no pity. No regret and no remorse. I see a means to an ends and that's all. God he looks pathetic. Covered in his own blood, dirty, skin and bone. I should just put him down like the dog he is.

'So Opie. You told me not to long ago that you were 100% sure I'd have the girl weeks ago. You said Harry and Dakota were going to come here alone and make the trade. Do you see the girl anywhere? Are you back with your so called best friends and family? Because I don't.'

Somehow still able to speak after his jaw being fractured from being punched so many times, he try's to speak.
'Harrys ....... Not ..... stupid. He'll find..... a way .... To.... To save us ...... both.
Ew he's dribbling all over my floors.

Laughing into the air, I stand from my seat. Boots stomping on the concrete floor, swinging my bat back and forth. Over this long period of time Harry has so graciously gave us, I've had plenty of time to think about why I need Dakota so badly. She owes me. She was sent to do a job and didn't deliver. She ran away and hid from me. I have her parents in my back pocket, yet she has no idea. I can't bring them to any harm as they are in much higher places than me. They know all about Dakotas secret lifestyle so I can't blackmail them. I guess I could use them. Somehow find a way to get to them and torture them. Make her see just how easy it is to bring her world crashing down.

Or I could make them bring her to me. Have them say they wanted to meet up and be ready to kill her. No, she'll figure it out before she's even left the house..... what if I give them what they want, hand over Opie but make a deal with one of the so called new friends to give me Dakota? I could plant a mole on the group and promise Opie to them.

With Opie still laying on the floor, I tell my men to get rid of him and prepare him for delivery. Time to call up one of Harry's so called friends.