Chapter 50

November 27th

Harry's POV

1 ring.... 2 rings.... 3 rings.
'HELLO! HARRY?! Can you hear me? Sorry lovey, Jemma has got her music blasting. Everything alright? It's a little early for you, I thought you're normally still asleep at this time.' I haven't spoke to my mum or any of my family in months. I just haven't had the chance to talk, well the occasional text here and there, but not over the phone. I do feel bad for not checking in sooner, but I have had my hands very full lately.

'Hi mum, yeah everything's fine. I was just calling to talk about Christmas and if you wanted to come here for a change?' This has been happening a lot lately. She goes silent on her end and I have to check my phones screen to make sure one of us didn't hang up by mistake. 'Hello? Mum, you still there?' Some hushed whispers and odd shuffling on her end and she finally answers.

'Oh sweetie, that would be amazing! Are you sure? We've never come to you for Christmas before. Are you going to manage?' As always my mum starts her loving worry phase. She's probably packing as we speak.

'Yeah mum, promise. We'll be fine.' I don't go into anymore detail on who exactly 'we' are. That conversation is probably best saved for in person. She'll just think I'm talking about Sarah and Mitch, who will be here as well, so I'm not really lying.

I love hearing my mum so happy and excited. Her voice goes all sweet and warm. 'Ok honey, this is so exciting! Of course we'll come to you. What day would you like us to arrive?' I didn't really plan that far ahead. I just knew I wanted them to meet Dakota. Would it be stupid of me to invite them up early, with everything going on? Harry, think about this. My mum softly clears her throat, hinting I haven't yet answered.

'Sorry. Erm I was thinking the 18th of December?......That way you can get settled and we can really enjoy Christmas?......' this way, we get to get all the meet and great out the way, have Christmas together and then they can head back home soon after. I'm scared if they stay to long they'll start getting suspicious of everything with Jeffrey and Dakota.

'That.... sounds great Harry. Sarah is nodding her head at me, so she's available then to.'
Her voice is excited but I also hear a hint of confusion and wonder.

'Great. So I'll see you on the 18th, 3 weeks from today.' I don't want to stay on the phone for to long because that's normally when my mum starts to ask questions. I confirm the day and leave it at that.

'Sounds like a plan. See you then Harry, love you. LOVE YOUUU!' I can hear Jemma shouting down the phone from I'm guessing across the room.

'See ya mum, love you too.' It's not that I never say I love you to people, but I've never really seen the word to hold this power that everyone else sees. I say it, kind of, but I like to hold back from saying to ever single person or thing of food I eat because then it looses value.

A small gasp leaves my mums lips, after not hearing it for so long from her only son, I bet it was a bit of a shock.

'Bye bye bye.' With that she hangs up leaving me with small butterflies in my stomach. Why am I so excited for this, god I've gone so soft.