Chapter 42

31st October

Dakotas POV

With everything going on, I was so surprised when everyone agreed they wanted to celebrate Halloween. They couldn't be more stressed and concerned for Opies life but on the other hand they were in dying need of some normality, all excited for Halloween. Except one pouty boy. Harry.

'Halloween is not fun!' Harry locked himself in the bathroom about half and hour ago and is refusing to come out. This year as it's the first year I'll be celebrating with the gang, we wanted to go all out. So we are going as the cast of wizard of oz. Mitch thought it would be hilarious if he bought H a Dorothy costume and he couldn't have picked a better theme.

Sarah is going as the wicked witch, Mitch is the cowardly lion, I'm going as Glenda the good fairy, and then everyone else is going as the other characters.

'Oh come on H I bet you look absolutely brilliant! Let me see please!' I've been having a stand off from the other side of his bathroom door. Up until now he's not budged on the idea, it's when I come to the conclusion that he definitely isn't going to open up and let me see, the lock on the door slides off and the door opens a crack.

Before he has a chance to change his mind, I step into the bathroom and get the first look of Harry in full costume. Im literally gob smacked. Speechless. The costume fits him perfectly considering it was a tall womans, he's got a big bow clipped on the top of his head, the bright red tights, blue socks and to finish it all off, he's even got the Ruby slippers.

Pouty baby. I can feel the embarrassment radiating of off him. I don't want to embarrass him anymore than he already is because I I know for a fact he will take it all off and refuse to come out with us.
'H you look so fuckin' good! Please please please wear this tonight. No one will make fun I promise.'

His eyes stayed glued to the floor. 'What have you done to me D. I'm a lovey dovey pile of mush when it comes to you. I will literally do anything for you.' He looks down at his costume. 'And I mean fuckin' anything.' He looks back up at me and we both start to laugh. This man couldn't get any better if he tried.

'Come on, I'll do your I'll do your makeup to finish off the look?' I could tell he wanted me to do it for him but the look on his face, a mix of excitement and embarrassment but overall excited.
Scraping together some makeup Sarah had lying around, I was able to come up with something.

'Absolutely adorable Harry. So flippin cute!' Once we'd finished getting ready, I had to physically drag H out of the room downstairs. I quickly ran around and asked everyone to be kind to him and not make him feel worst than he already did.
'Ok guys, he's so shy and thinks he's gonna be laughed at so please do me this favour and be nice. It means a lot.'

Sarah had already started giggling before she'd even seen him and Mitch was the same but not as bad. Wanting to get going to some party we'd heard about, I run back up to get H.
'Come on H, take my hand.'
Harry took my hand after staining at the ceiling to gather the strength and stomped down the stairs.
'If you say one word, I'll kill you right here Mitch.' Mitch had to physically put his hand over his mouth to hold back his laugh.

'Right! Come on we're already late! We need to get to The lion, the party started like 2 hours ago!' Grabbing all out keys and purses, we pile out of the house and into the taxi.

3 hours later

Harrys POV

15 fucking people have come up to me since we've been here! 15! I know I have a dress on but Jesus, picture after picture people have been coming up to me to say how 'cute' I look. I'm not cute. I'm scary, people are scared of Harry styles!
As long as trace keeps handing me beers I can hopefully get shit faced enough where I don't give a shit.

There's a karaoke on tonight and Halloween related drinking games. Dakota has been begging me to sing 'over the rainbow' for an hour now and it might just be the buzz of the alcohol or maybe my inability to say no to her, but I'm gonna do it.

So fuck it, 'trace GIVE ME THE MIC!' What has gotten into me. Oh god I'm really doing this, oh boy breath Harry breath!
Shocking everyone I take the mic and stand int he centre of stage. I spot my group all sat the side of the stage with there phones out ready to film the disaster. Wolf whistles and clapping echo through the pub, thankfully I already have a shit tone of blush on my cheeks because I know I'll be best red underneath it all.

I clear my throat and look around the room when my eyes land on my beautiful pink witch, the stupidly massive crown sitting on top of her frizzy hair. All of my nerves melt away when she blows me a kiss and gives me a cute little wave of her wand.

The music beggins to play from the karaoke machine and the words start to scroll on the screen.
'Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high.'
The nerves getting the better of my I can't stop giggling at how stupid I must look.
'There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.'

I want to stop so badly but there's no point now, I'm already singing. My hands start to shake and I lol down to Dakota smiling ear to ear with what I think is pride. It's like she read my mind when she quickly jumps on stage and grabs another mic to sing with me.

'Someday I'll wish upon a star, And wake up where the clouds are far behind me' her voice is like an angel. I had no idea she could sing.
I look into her eyes and all I see is love. She takes my hand in hers to calm the shaking and carry's on singing with me.

Together- 'where troubles melt like lemon drops. Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find meeee.' To my surprise, everyone in the crowd starts to sing along with us. Mitch even singing a little as well.

Because shes her, Dakota somehow coaxed the rest of our gang to come up and sing with us. So a group of 5 adults on a tiny stage was a bit of a squeeze but we managed.
' Somewhere over the rainbow, Bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow why then, oh why can't I?

I grabbed the mic back from Mitch and sang the last line with a lot more confidence, 'If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?' I was so sure people were going to laugh and I wasnt expecting the response he got. Once he finished singing the entire pub stood up and started clapping and cheering!

Noticing someone was filming on the phone sat down, I did a little curtsy and did a bow, holding hands with H and Mitch making them join in as well. I quickly asked them to take a photo for us as well, telling everyone to smile and look to the camera.

We had an amazing night in the end, Dakota looked like she was loving it which made my cold heart melt.
Things are shit at the minute but I truly believe we are going to be alright. We have to find Opie and we will deal with Jeffrey I know we will.
Things will beget better.