Chapter 18

The hot steam hits my face as I lean over and turn the shower on. Im in my bathroom with Dakota sat on the toilet with her legs pulled up to her chest, wearing nothing but a towel wrapped around her.

Running my fingers along the helm of my shorts and boxers, I pull them down and peal the sweaty top off of my back. Realising I'm suddenly naked in-front of her, I turn around to see her standing, dropping the white towel to the floor with no hesitation.
To be so comfortable with someone in such a short period of time is rare but amazing.

I look into her eyes and she does the same to me. 'So beautiful'.
Her shy smile returns as she takes my hand and steps into the shower. With her back facing me, I gently sweep her hair to one shoulder and place three kisses along her shoulders not even caring now if she's picked up on the meaning.
Low hums ring in my ears and she leans her head back onto my shoulder.

I wrap my long arms around her tiny frame breathing her in, mentally taking a photo of the moment enjoying every second of it.

We take our time washing each other, her telling me to turn around so she can get my back and hair and I do the same for her.

I don't know how long we were in there maybe 30 minutes or so, but by the time we finally emerge from bathroom our fingers were all pruny.

'Baby, what are you doing to my hair? You don't have to do this for me. It's fine the way it is.' Dakota decided my hair was getting to long to have down now so she took it upon herself to braid the sides and tie the rest into a bun.

I've never had my hair braided before but it's actually really relaxing having someone play with your hair

'I know it's fine the way it is, I love your hair down but, really?, it must get annoying after a while?' She's got me there. I've lost count the amount of times I've wanted to just cut it all of when it's been blowing in my face.
She ran her nails through my hair making me melt at her touch. I never normally let people play with my hair because it just gets greasy quicker, but seen as it's her and we've just showered I let her carry on.

'There you go curly, all done and neat, out of your face.' She pats my head and points to the mirror in my room. To sleepy from the head scratches I crawl over to the mirror to take a look and stand up.
I'm shocked, it actually looks pretty good and can tell it will stay in for a day or two at how tight she made them.
I turn back around to see her smiling up at me on the bed, proud of her handy work.

' You're good with your hands baby, anyone ever told you that?' I knew that would get a reaction out of her, when she pulled me back down on top of her on the bed giggling.

' You are rude, anyone ever told you that?' As we lay talking about random chit chat.

I hand her some fresh cloths for her to wear, a mix of both mine and Sarahs that she said Dakota can keep in the mean time until we go shopping. Which we are going to order online tonight seen as we keep forgetting to go in person.