Chapter 45

November 5th. Bonfire night.

Dakotas POV

In previous years, bonfire night was always a night I'd have a job to do. With no close friends or close family besides my stuck up parents, I'd try to keep busy. It sounds cliche, but it's actually a great night to do jobs because people are so used to hearing fireworks going off and a lot of banging, no one really questions a gunshot here and there that could be mistaken as a firework or snappers.

Tonight tho is the complete opposite to what I'd be doing last year, or the many years before that. It has just been the 6 of us for a while now. Me, H, Sarah, Mitch, Louis and pope.

Sarah told Louis he is more than welcome to stay at their house as long as he'd like even into the new year, but let him know to stay out of Hs was in the mornings unless he'd want tea to the face.

Harry has been keeping everyone else in the loop via text, and told them they don't need to stick around until we hear anything about Opie or god for bid receive anymore presents.

I'm not ignoring the situation at hand, but I can't help but like it when we get to do normal things like go to see the fireworks or dress up for Halloween. I know we are nowhere near closer to finding Opie but we are still trying our hardest.

'So we're just going to watch some fireworks? Are you sure we aren't going anywhere else?' I'm trying to pick an outfit to wear out that will keep me warm but at the same times these guys are always going to parties and stuff, I want to make sure I look ok.
I've gone for a simple look. Jeans, stripped top, A long grey winter coat, toasty warm winter boots and to top it off, a red bobble hat. I'm thanking my past self for ordering winter clothes in advance.

 I'm thanking my past self for ordering winter clothes in advance

I think I'm rubbing of on Harry. He's gone for a more casual look, grey jogger, a black hoodie and one of my pink beanies that he's claimed.
I can't deny he looks great in anything he wears but he's definitely dropped the biker look this winter. No doubt he'll be back in his leather jacket come April the latest.

'Come on baby, we're gonna miss the fireworks, you look absolutely amazing in that

'Come on baby, we're gonna miss the fireworks, you look absolutely amazing in that. So let's go go go!' He is a literal child. Harry has started to come out of his shell a lot more these past few months. I don't want to take all the credit, but I always wonder if he'd ever become more easy going if I'd never had come back into his life. The thought of him not being this big mushy man that I adore, makes me sad in a way.

Grabbing the pair of gloves off of the dresser, swotting his chest playfully. 'You! Are a big kid you know that? I love this side of you.' With a big goofy smile, he sticks his tongue out, making fun of my soppy comment.

As I'm about to leave the bedroom, two strong arms come wrapping round my waist and pull me backwards to the bed.

'HARRY!' Letting out a laugh louder than I planned, pretty much shouting, I can't control my laughter. Laying on top of him now, I love seeing that sparkle in his eyes. The look that says 'we'll be alright and you make me happy.' Well that's what I like to think he's thinking about.

He quickly kisses my lips 3 times and jumps up. 'Come on lazy! We've got places to be!' The cheeky bugger! I was the one rushing him a minute ago! With that, we both take off down stairs to meet the others and head to the fireworks display.

1 hour later

They really are beautiful, fireworks

They really are beautiful, fireworks. They're like works of art in the sky. All the different colours and sizes that they make. The display has been on for roughly 30 minutes now. Hot chocolate in hand, and cuddled up to Harry. I've been very wary of everyone around us. Not to long after we arrived I noticed a man that kept watching us as if he was following us. He keeps popping up here and there and then disappearing again. I haven't told Harry yet because I'm sure I'm just over reacting and imagining it, like there's hundreds of people about, I'm sure he's just looking for friends or family, right?

I try my best to ignore him and enjoy myself but when I see he keeps getting closer and closer I have no choice but to tell Harry. Turning to face him, I stand on my tippy toes to be able to reach his ear.

'Don't look now, but there's a creepy guy to your right that's been following us for the past half hour. Tall, grey hair, navy jacket. I could just be being dramatic but I swear he's following us.' I play it off like I'm just giving H a hug, letting him look around the crowd of people. He doesn't say anything but I know when he's spotted him. His whole body tenses up, his arms become slightly to tight and frigid.

I pull away just enough to see his face, to be sure I'm not over analysing this. And sure enough Harry has a face like he's seen a ghost. Pale white and angry.
I play it cool and look around us again to see where's this creepy man has gone but I've lost him. He's disappeared again, nowhere in sight.

Harry has gone all hot and clammy. Like he's petrified or something. I don't recognise the man so maybe he's someone he knew, unrelated to Jeffrey. As usual, never getting to enjoy nice things, he quickly whispers to everyone else that we need to go. He doesn't explain but within minutes he's pulling me threw the crowd once again.

Can we not just go one day without someone trying to kill us?

Ooo who's this now? Another creepy man for Harry to worry about. Does Harry know him?