Katari

Katari

Holding his glass he carefully watched you like a hawk. "You don't trust me?"

Your silence confirmed his suspicion.

Clinking his glass with yours, Kazuma was stood in front of you. "Cheers." He then swallowed the entire flute. Proving to you that it wasn't meddled with and it was actually in fact just very expensive champagne.

"Why did you want me to pose as your girlfriend?" You asked gently.

He sighed and put the glass down on the counter, looking at you with his arms crossed. His big arms. "Being at the top is a lonely position."

"At the top?"

"I'm the fourth chairman of the Tojo clan. It wasn't a position I wanted but one that I was given. I thought of swearing my oath and retiring it straight away but decided against it."

"Why?"

"This is what I was made for. I'm a yakuza, through and through." He explained. "I can't do anything else. I won't be able to. This is what I saw my dad do, he had money. I wanted that life."

"So why me?" You asked.

"Why not?"

"You don't know me." You shrugged.

He laughed. "I do. You're 24, born in Nagasaki to Chinese parents, finished college and moved to Tokyo when your parents died." He took a sip of champagne. "Right?" When you said nothing, he walked over towards you. "I know you've drifted from bar to bar, club to club. Your last club, you got into trouble for accusing the security guard of touching you. So you hit him around the head with a bottle." He drew closer to you. "Right?"

"Maybe you do know me." You whispered, looking at his mouth with your own face growing tense.

"I also know your bra size." Kiryu then walked back to the counter.

"Huh?!" You widened your eyes.

"Cheers!" He clinked his glass with yours quickly before swallowing it down again. Deflecting with ease.

"Should I be worried about my safety?" You asked, quite rightly so.

"No. Because I'd rather die than let you get hurt."

"But you barely know me..."

"Doesn't mean you should get hurt." He explained, walking over to you again and leaning against the counter. "That's what they're paid for." Kiryu pointed to the window where you saw an aide patrolling against the race course.

"Do they always follow you around?"

"Yes. It's a high risk job." He asked.

"High risk?"

"I've been shot twice and held captive in a basement once."

You shook your head, proceeding taking a proper and full sip this time. Letting it burn your throat elegantly.

As the night went on you found yourself growing drunk with the increasing amount of champagne you were consuming. You were loosening up and speaking without a filter. The conversation moved from the kitchen to the living area, where you both were sat on the soft warm sofa together. In front of an open living area which provided a gentle breeze drifting through.

"Do you have a horse here?" You asked gently.

"Yeah."

"What's their name?"

"Katari. He's an Arabian horse."

"Can I see him?"

Kiryu frowned. "What? Right now?"

You nodded.

Kiryu put the glass down and sighed, walking over to the door and putting on slippers. He urged you to do the same and you did, following his lead to the stables next to the house.

The stables themselves were extremely clean. Saddles we're hung up on each door which had sleeping horses in. There was only about 4/5.

"Who's horses are all of these then?" You curiously pondered, trying not to step in anything untoward.

"Mine. They're in training."

"Training?"

Kiryu nodded. "Training to be race horses. Jockeys come here every day to train them and look after them."

Stopping at a door, Kiryu gently opened it, revealing a sleeping horse on a pile of hay. He was a chestnut colour, quietly and calmly asleep.

"There he is. Katari."

Once you were satisfied the both of you decided to sit outside on the deck chairs. It was warm enough to do so and from the stables you got a view of the mountains.

"What did you go to prison for?"

He looked at you with a very broken sort of expression. "A favour for a friend."

"A favour?" You were shocked. "Hopefully they're grateful. I know I'd be."

What interrupted you both was Kiryu's aide walking up, warm and seemingly flushed in the face from the sweltering weather. "Chairman, I'm sorry to interrupt."

"What's the problem?"

"It's a call for you." The aide bowed, handing Kiryu a phone.

You then retired yourself to bed after washing your face. Floating away into a dreamworld...Back where you were in the stable only moments ago, except this time things went slightly differently.

Walking into the stables Kiryu pushed you down on what looked like a pile of hay, holding you down as you both managed to stay afloat against the sinking hay. It caused great discomfort against your skin.

"W-what are you doing Chairman?" You asked with a frown.

"What do you want me to do?" He whispered in your ear.

"I'm not sure..."

"I want you to ride me. Can you do that?"

"Huh?" Your eyes widened.

"Ride me." He demanded.