The Chairman's Wrath

Both of them walked right over to investigate and the guards stood at the entrance of the elevated booth saw who it was. They bowed to Kiryu because they knew exactly who it was and Uncle Kenny had instilled good values in them. Respect the outside forces. Especially the biggest in Tokyo.

A hand on Kiryu's shoulder caused him to turn around. He saw a man slightly smaller in stature with greying hair that was slicked back nicely. Wearing a maroon suit and black shirt.

"Fourth Chairman?" The man asked over the music. "My name is Kenny. I'm Jun's uncle. Please follow me."

Kiryu did, allowing Uncle Kenny to divert his attention from Yun who was busy partying up with no cares in the world. It was a typical setting that they ended up in. An office where there was a large picture split into 3 separate pictures spread into one. They were pictures in the genre of bijin-ga. Beautiful women. The scene itself was the Woman in the night by Suzuki Harunobu. Signed. In front of the picture rest a sword on a stand with a royal blue casing and white patterns of willow flowers. To the left of this lay a large window providing a view to the city below and it's neon signs.

Kiryu sat in the head chair right in front of the picture and his aide stood next to him.

Uncle Kenny bowed deeply. His hands on his knees as if he were forced. Remaining stood up in front of Kiryu, separated by the wooden desk. . "I'm sorry about all of this, chairman. Yun is my nephew. And I work with the Chinese triad."

Kiryu sat quietly, listening carefully.

"I know why you're here. And I'm here to apologise on behalf of Jun. What can we do to make this better?" Uncle Kenny proposed wholeheartedly.

"Let me speak to your nephew."

"Blood is thicker than water, chairman. I'll give you myself but not my nephew."

"It is..." Kiryu stubbornly argued. "He needs to be taught a lesson."

Uncle Kenny got down on his knees, begging with his head on the floor. "Please, chairman. Don't do this."

"Stand up and look me in the eye like a man." Kiryu demanded. "Defend your blood with pride. Look at me."

"I made a promise to his mother to look after him." Uncle Kenny sat up and sighed. Looking defeated. "You have children, don't you, chairman?"

Trying to appeal to Kiryu's sympathy was such a hard thing to do. Because he was sympathetic to the right people but didn't bother with others. So in a situation like this whereby Uncle Kenny was appealing to Kiryu's parenthood and fatherhood, Kiryu remained completely blank. Not engaging in the emotions. This has nothing to do with his daughter.

"I do. And if anyone fucks with my family I'll bury them alive. Your nephew has." Kiryu flatly stated.

Uncle Kenny reached for the sword behind Kiryu, pulling its casing and revealing a straight sword which tilted downwards. The tunkou was decorated with a small inscription. And within seconds it was against Kiryu's throat. His aide retaliated and raised a gun to Uncle Kenny's head.

"I'll have to kill you then." Uncle Kenny snarled with a frown on his sweating brow.

"I'm a very peaceful man so make sure you do it properly. Otherwise someone will be after you."

"Like who?"

"Me." Kiryu smirked.

But Uncle Kenny knew better than to kill the fourth chairman after a fuck up from his side. Uncle Kenny also knew that letting his nephew walk into Kiryu's trap would help him loose respect for himself. Because he let his blood die.

"I can see you're confused. But it's quite clear. If someone did this to your girlfriend then you'd want their blood too." Kiryu explained.

And then Yun burst through the door, stumbling with an expensive bottle in his hand quite clearly drunk. So when he saw his Uncle holding a sword to someone's neck he didn't actually see who it was.

"Is this the wrong time?" Yun slurred, walking over to his Uncle who still had a blade to Kiryu's neck.

Kiryu frowned at this intrusion. Patiently waiting and watching the interaction between these 2 men. Not realising the connection. All the while a blade was to his neck.

"What are you doing here?" Uncle Kenny snarled at Jun.

"I came to see you! I also need the key to the safe." Jun continued to slur.

"What for?"

"I need a gun, uncle! When the fourth chairman comes I'll need to pop a couple in him."

Something changed in Kiryu instantly. His eyes were black behind their usual brown and staring right at Jun who he knew was the target.

"There's no need." Uncle Kenny explained. "He's here."

"Is he?" Jun stared right at Kiryu. "Shit you got him straight away! Have you got my money?" Jun began clicking his fingers. 

Knowing what his anger was like, Kiryu let it boil slowly but kept his mouth shut. Meanwhile his aide beside him was twitching with anger, ready to shoot Jun right between his eyeballs. But knowing better, he lowered his gun and put it back in his suspender.

"Jun get out of here." Uncle Kenny demanded. "Stupid boy."

"Not so tough now, are you?" Jun taunted while his opponent was down, reaching in his pocket and throwing 3 Polaroids on the desk. Which were of course your nude photos. All Kiryu needed to see was the blue butterfly.

Charging up Kiryu pushed the sword from his neck and kicked Jun in the chest causing him to fall and the bottle to smash on the floor. Within seconds, Kiryu kicked Jun again but this time causing him to fly out of the office window and down below.

"C-chairman!" Uncle Kenny was in shock. "W-what have you done?"

"My job." Kiryu fixed his suit, proceeding to pick up the Polaroids and with a click of his lighter he set them on fire.

Uncle Kenny couldn't move, the sword fell to the floor and Kiryu gathered his belongings. Mainly himself and his aide, ready to leave

"Take care, Kenny. I hope this doesn't happen again, for your own sake. Otherwise a lot of triads will be struggling in Tokyo." Kiryu then left and walking down the stairs.

"What should I do with Jun, sir?" The aide asked.

"Hospital." Kiryu sighed. "I'll take a taxi."

"Hospital?"

"The sword is named after him." Kiryu had observed very carefully. "He just have some relevance in the triad community."

Outside the club the 2 men separated. The aide drove Jun to the hospital and Kiryu got a taxi home to you.