Passionfruit

Passionfruit

The next morning when you woke up it was entirely natural, to the sound of water and the gentle rhythmic distance of gallops. The horses were in training today around the stables. Natural light was quite beautiful in the bedroom, you found that every single window you could look out of was lined with green lush paradise.

You went downstairs and found the table laid with very simple items. Things that were easy on your stomach and the smells weren't overpowering. Kiryu was outside in the garden area with a man who was twice his size. Both of them shirtless, in work out shorts, bare foot, wearing boxing gloves. They were sparring. Lee Jae Woon. A fitness trainer/body builder from South Korea had come to train the Chairman himself, personally. While Kiryu had his irezumi on show, Lee had a piece on his chiseled rib.

"Chairman Kazuma." Lee stopped, removing his gloves. "Try and breathe properly."

"Breathe? I am breathing." Kiryu sighed in absolute frustration.

"No, you're not. If you throw punches and hold your breath you're going to injure yourself because the oxygen isn't reaching your muscles." Lee explained. For a man of his size his voice was incredibly gentle and sincere. He also naturally wasn't a violent person despite the stereotype that played across. "Think about it, sir."

Kiryu removed his own gloves and sighed, using the back of his hand to wipe away sweat from his forehead.

"You haven't sparred before. Have you?"

"Sparred? No. I've actually fought people before."

"Who was your opponent?"

"Someone crazy."

"Well from our first session, I've always told you that your body was in amazing physical condition." Lee explained.

"I'm not trying to be a body builder like you."

"Neither was I." Lee laughed with a gracious smile. "Yet it just sort of happened." His broad and wide shoulders shrugged.

You sat down to eat and patiently waited for Kiryu to come inside from his session with his fitness instructor. The chef in the house continued to let the table for you, smiling.

"The chairman told me you're having an aversion to smells. So I made a fairly western breakfast." The chef smiled gently. "How does coffee sound?"

"Uhh." You shifted uncomfortably.

"Tea?"

"Yeah." You nodded. "That sounds good."

"What kind? Ginger tea is good if you're feeling nauseous."

"Sure."

Patiently you waited for Kiryu to return to the table. You wouldn't eat without him. But you felt yourself getting ready to throw up, your guts were swirling and your head was spinning. Visibly your face was pale and your eyes were heavy.

When the chef returned he put the tea in front of you and rest his hand on your back. "Are you ok, miss?"

"I feel sick." You warbled over your words, hand over the mouth.

"Oh no. Try eating these crackers."

"What?"

"It'll ease it up for you." He smiled. "Are you expecting?" He quizzed in gentle concern. If so, your food needed changing.

"Expecting? Expecting what?"

"A baby. Are you pregnant, miss?"

This was the first time you'd heard someone say that. The signs were clear. Missed birth control pills, aversion to smells. Now you finally thought about it there was a lot more wrong than just missed birth control and smell aversion. There was tender breasts, heaviness in the stomach, exhaustion...

"Umm...I don't think so." But you weren't convinced. You needed to take a test and speak to Kiryu.

"Ok, miss." The chef disappeared.

Kiryu came inside with Lee by his side. "Why don't you stay for breakfast?"

"Thank you for your offer, chairman Kazuma. But I couldn't intrude."

"I'm sure Y/N won't mind." Kiryu turned to you. "Do you?"

You stood up. "Actually, I think I want to go out."

Kiryu frowned. "Go out? Where?"

"I need to get something."

"Tell Takeshi, he'll get it for you."

"No. I have to get it." You tightened your smile.

He looked so good right now with the sweat glistening his body. He wasn't breathless but just worked out. Shirtless. You were hormonal. As did Lee. But the extreme figure was a bit of a turn off for you. Kiryu frowned. He'd talk to you privately later when you were back.

"Ok. Take Takeshi with you." Kiryu instructed.

Honolulu island wasn't very big, evidently. And Takeshi travelling with you was an extra insurance policy because Kiryu knew the operating illegalities working through the island. Even the ones that didn't associate with him. Hence why he made sure he visited, as often as he could.

All you needed was a pregnancy test. Just 1, singular test. Nothing else. With your face covered via a blue surgical mask, you went into the pharmacy and picked one up. Unknowingly making friends with the cashier.

"Oh!" She chirped, in English. "Is this planned or not?"

"No." You answered back in flat English. "Not planned."

She looked at you. "Where have you come from?" She intrigued.

"Japan."

"I see." She nodded, putting the test in a small discreet brown bag. "I've heard that the chairman of a criminal organisation is saying here. Do you know him?"

"No." You shook your head and lied. He was just fucking me last night, conveniently enough.

"He's very handsome apparently." She sighed dreamily. Her crows feet around her eyes exaggerating when they were closed. "I heard that yesterday he beat the shit out of some associates for stealing from him."

"Ok." You held $20 in your hand ready to hand it to her. Knowing you'd talk to him about this when you got home.

You finally paid for the test and left.

Kiryu was at home, patiently waiting for you while eating an ice cream. Lee had left by now and Kiryu decided he wanted to watch his horses in training. Appreciating the sport, enjoying the training, watching eagerly with his binoculars to make sure his horse was being looked after.

Using this opportunity, you completely stripped bare and snuck into the bathroomc proceeding to read the instructions on the test. Taking it and pacing around the marble floor in absolute anxiety. Letting yourself sweat and your body feel as though it needed to drop through the earth.

In the mirror you lifted up your black strap top. Your belly didn't look bigger, it looked about the same. But neither did your breasts. Your physical body hadn't changed at all.

It took 5 minutes for the test to appear positive. You wished it was a viral cold.