The Bullet Wound

The Bullet Wound
Themes of severe injury and death.

The intense pain was significantly reduced by the increase of morphine to the body. Kiryu was fast asleep, laying flat with a bandage around his chest. His aide sat to the right and keeping an eye on his condition. Even though Kiryu was in recovery, he could still die at any point. The aide had reported deaths before to the captain. But this was one that he didn't want to report. Not Kiryu's.

The rehabilitation plan was designed to match the severity of injury.

a deep breath with the breath being held as long as possible. proceed to push the air out of the lungs in a strong cough. catch any splutter in tissue.

• taking a short walk for 2/5 minutes gradually.

• cease lifting heavy objects at all till fully recovered.

• sit and sleep comfortably. allow your airways to naturally balance.

• clean your wound twice a day.

So pretty bad by the general gist of things. And while Kiryu's life line was incredibly delicate, Kashiwagi stepped in as interim chairman. Till he was fully healed and not hanging in the balance. Kashiwagi knew Kiryu would be okay but the last thing anyone would expect is Kiryu to die. Bottom line, Kiryu would be out of action for 4/5 months.

Nurses helped his state. Sitting him up right whenever he sank and cleaning his wound for him twice a day. Making sure he coughed out his deep breath and spluttered into a napkin before disposing and washing their hands.

Opening his eyes for the first time in a while, Kiryu looked for the one face he'd recognise. His aide who was asleep sitting up right. You were nowhere to be seen. But a nurse then interjected Kiryu's vision and he could only focus on one thing at this present moment.

"How are you feeling? Still no good?"

His silence and inability to form a word without pain explained to the nurse that he was still in fact very fragile. His eyes closed again.

When he woke up, his eyes were heavy and his right shoulder was almost numb. He was laying on his stomach in a low lit room which his head turned to the side. There was a warm pressure sitting along his spine all the way down to his tail bone. His entire body was throbbing after fighting the pain circulated on his right shoulder. The very first thing Kiryu did was stretch his right hand which was stiffer than a policeman's baton and hanging down off the bed.

Turning his head to the other side he saw a woman, wearing a pair of heat protective gloves and smiling gently. In the background played calming sounds of running water with a gentle calming ambience. Like his entire soul was getting cleansed with Tibetan healing bowls.

"Chairman?" A gentle voice asked and Kiryu turned his head again, seeing his most trusted companion wearing a robe which no doubt had a gun hidden in it. "Are you okay?"

"Where am I?" Kiryu grumbled, his voice incredibly hoarse and his breathing incredibly shallow.

"The doctor thought it would be a good idea to start your rehab. You've got hot stones on your back." The aide laughed gently. "How are you feeling?"

"Like a billion yen."

"I'm sorry." The aide bowed.

Kiryu went to speak and coughed. The aide ran to catch the splutter with a tissue before disposing of it.

"Hot stones. To release the tension in your body. It'll pull the pain out of your spine before you start your breathing exercise, sir."

The masseuse quickly left the room and shut the door, leaving the warm stones to work their magic whilst the boys got down to business.

"Not the welcome we were expecting. Whilst you were being treated the guards followed the car and found it abandoned."

Kazuma's eyes closed gently. "It's probably someone who knew we were coming."

"Who though, chairman?"

"Whoever, we're not in Japan anymore." Kiryu groaned and turned to face the other way. "Where's Y/N? Was she hit?"

"She had a flesh wound to her arm."

"Is she okay?"

"She's fine, sir. Flesh wounds tend to heal quickly. She's upstairs, in your hotel room asleep."

Kiryu was eased by that. It made everything a little easier knowing you were okay.

"I'm just wondering who it was."

"Don't. It's not unusual for people like me to get shot."

When he awoke again he was laying in what looked like a hotel suite, decorated so beautifully. A dramatic glass chandelier, resembling icicles suspended from leaves, was hung right above his head and weaved through the extra-wide living room in a palatial, penthouse suite. With three bedrooms, an office, a media room, a private spa-treatment room, a full gourmet kitchen and a dining table set for 10, this was the pinnacle of luxury that only a well known chairman like himself deserved.

Kiryu was wrapped up in his black bath robe, sitting up right slightly with his chest bandaged up. His entire body felt incredibly limp in comparison. The noise of someone clattering further into the hotel suite was made apparent and Kiryu, on high alert, wanted to investigate but couldn't do so. Just leaning forward to sit up was incredibly difficult.

You then appeared, gently smiling and holding a small black cup. Wearing the exact same robe as Kiryu but just a bit shorter and a bit smaller. He felt a great relief at how able you were and how this hadn't affected you. You sat beside him this time, putting the cup down and leaning over to him. Kissing him and holding him gently.

"I'm glad you're okay. Your doctor gave me your rehabilitation program." You were so overjoyed that you kissed him again.

At first he thought it was a mistake but you don't make a mistake twice. "Be careful." He croaked.

You pulled away. "Why?"

"I don't want you to fall in love with me." Kiryu reminded, eyes partly closed.

"Uhh-."

"There's nobody else." Kiryu reminded again. "You don't need to act."

Cutting right through the guise was his tongue and observation.

"Where are you hurt?" Kiryu asked.

You removed the belt of your bathrobe, pulling it open and revealing your bare body. On your right arm was a thick white bandage near the top. But, you were naked.