Unthinkable

Unthinkable
Screenshot belongs to madsscreenshots on tumblr.

A machine is something that works consistently to do a specific thing and doesn't stop unless there's a fault somewhere. It's designed not to malfunction. People can operate like machines but often there's human error.

Whilst you were busy enjoying your party with complete strangers, Kazuma went out onto his balcony and was smoking. It was half way through the night and you slid the door open to reveal the noise of the city which was interrupted by the bustle inside. Sliding the door shut blocked out the stupidly annoying chatter and welcomed the city noise entirely.

Leaning over the metal, Kazuma looked down at the city with buildings standing as tall as his apartment and he could stare through them.

"Are you ok?" You asked, feeling drunk from the lack of sleep and excessive indulgence.

He saw you appear from his periphery and turned to you, one hand against the balcony and his other holding a can of beer. It wasn't a luxury one. A simple man's drink.

"Do you like what I did for you?"

"How did you know it was my birthday?"

He drank his beer and turned back to the balcony, smoking. "I'm sorry for leaving. I was just admiring the city tonight."

"How come?"

"It's my city." He admired gently like a dazzled child in an arcade.

"Yours?"

He nodded. "It's a lot nicer from up here."

The door opened and you were dragged back inside by a group of girls. It was time to cut the cake! & the girls also dragged Kazuma back through because he was going to cut it with you.

A large 3 tier cake sat on the top of the large dining table, hand decorated with fruit and pink ribbons to elevate how special your day was. The top tiers were artificial, the bottom 2 weren't.

Kazuma gently fed you cake with the most barely visible smile you'd ever seen. You didn't realise you'd taken a bigger bite than you thought...till he smirked at you. And you felt his fingers just past your lips, only to realise that you'd bitten more than you could've chewed. Your lips wrapping gently on his fingers which he removed from your mouth and proceeded to wrap his own tight lips against to get the rest of the pink icing. You were starting eye to eye at this point.

As the night went on, you'd danced so much your feet hurt and your entire body was groaning at you to just rest. You'd thrown the towel in and told Kazuma you were ready to sleep, so he'd let you do that.

Whilst dead asleep the bed sank next to you, you felt the depression and you felt it sink. You sensed it remained sunken but couldn't focus enough to wake up properly. Your body was charging on the sleep it deserved but somehow your brain flew into overdrive.

So with woken eyes and echoing ears you were fully aware of your surroundings but weren't able to manoeuvre. You did know that eventually you'd have to share a bed together because his patrolling aides found it suspicious that you didn't.

With a deep breath behind you there was suddenly silence and stillness. Your body gained enough consciousness to turn you around and you saw Kazuma laying facing you. He was tired and often fell asleep as soon as his head was on the pillow. He slept shirtless. Peacefully. But tonight was a bit different.

"I told you we'd have to share a bed." He spoke with his eyes completely closed.

"I'm not complaining." You mumbled. "I'm doing what I'm paid for."

Kiryu's brows frowned gently which was followed by an opening of his eyes. "So I'm paying you share a bed with me?"

You changed the topic instantly. "You have a picture of you and a little girl on your dressing table. Who's that?"

Kiryu closed his eyes again, his frown softening up and relaxing. "My daughter."

"You have a daughter?"

He nodded.

"How old is she?"

"10."

"Do you have any other children?"

"I don't think so. People say so."

"What do you mean people say so?"

"There's always a woman saying they're pregnant with my child or have my child." Kiryu explained, eyes still closed. "But I know where I put myself."

"Why do women say that about you?"

Kiryu opened his eyes again, flatly. "Who knows." He groaned and turned to lay on his back. "Money?"

"Money?"

"If I know a woman was carrying my child or had my child then I'd make sure she was looked after."

"Do you want more children?"

"Are you offering? I wouldn't say no if you were the mother." He sniggered. "Come on, get some sleep now. It's a busy day tomorrow."

"Doing what?"

"We're going to pay someone a small visit."

"Abroad?"

"No, here. In Kamurocho."

The next morning you were woken up early by Kiryu's aide with great difficulty. You had about 4 hours sleep under your belt and weren't operating properly. Lagging behind slowly whilst Kiryu was sprightly on his feet. You were trudging through what was your shared open closet. Skimming past your clothes, finding it hard to settle on something.

When you heard Kiryu behind you, you spoke to him. "What am I supposed to wear?"

"Something cute." He then was right behind you, reaching over your arms into the hanging rail and pulling out something blue. It was a nice dress. "This."

"Who are we meeting?"

"Someone important."

"How important?" You turned around, seeing him only in his boxers and instantly feeling yourself refresh. Your pupils dilated, your breath stuck, your mouth slightly agape. He was trying to set the time on his watch, his back muscles tensing gently. "You're pretty important."

"Not as important as me."

Both of you, once ready, were whisked away into the back seat of a car. The still gentle humming of a Diesel engine and rhythmic soft tarmac beneath the wheels provided you a minute....just a minute. You closed your eyes. Feeling your entire body swell into the magic of rest.

"Y/N." Kiryu squeezed your thigh. "We're here."

The Chairman's Girlfriend (REVISED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें