CHAPTER FOUR, wondering

Ophelia wore an orange striped tank top, black jeans with holes, and white and black shoes the next day of school

Ophelia wore an orange striped tank top, black jeans with holes, and white and black shoes the next day of school. She brought sunglasses just in case and stuck those in her backpack and she wore a hair tie as well just in case. Ricky had texted Ophelia for her to meet him in the library which she thought was odd because Ricky wasn't one to be found in a library. When she got to the library, she started walking down the aisles, looking for where Ricky was at. A surprised yelp escaped her lips when she was suddenly pulled around one aisle to the side where bookshelves are on the other side lined up against the window. 

She let out a sigh of relief upon seeing it was only Ricky who had pulled her over to the side. "Dude," Ophelia pulls her arm out of his grasp to punch him in the arm. "What the heck was that for?! You almost gave me a heart attack."

"Okay, first of all, ow." Ricky winces, rubbing the spot Ophelia punched him. "And second of all," He smiles. "I wanted to show you I've been practicing."

Ophelia looks at him with surprise. "You-You've been practicing for the musical?"

Ricky nods. "I stayed up late practicing one of the dances."

"The Ricky Bowen stayed up to practice a dance for the musical?" Ophelia blinks with surprise, shaking her head. "I can't believe it. I'm, like, in disbelief." She looks to her left, just then realizing Carlos was standing in front of them. She waves at the Mexican boy with a smile one her face. "Hi, Carlos!" Carlos returned the smile and waved back at her.

Ricky rolls his eyes. "Okay, it's not that big of a deal."

"It's a huge deal, Rick!" Ophelia excitedly exclaims, turning to face him with a grin. "You've never wanted to be involved with musicals and now you're practicing for one!" She looks at him with excitement. "I really need to thank Nini when you two get back together 'cause now I can finally convince you to watch some musicals."

Ricky chuckles and shakes his head. Ophelia had been trying to get him to watch musicals ever since she started liking them. She kept saying he won't know if he likes it unless he actually watches it, but he wasn't going to cave in. At least not yet.

"Okay, show us what you've been practicing, Ricky." Ophelia smiled, moving to stand beside Carlos.

Ricky nods, takes a deep breath, and then did the dance that he was practicing. The smile on Ophelia's lips only grew. She couldn't believe Ricky had actually been practicing and he was starting to get much better than he was. "Wow." Carlos smiles while Ricky continues the dance. "You've been practicing. I thought you quit."

"Not doin' that anymore." Ricky shakes his head. "Still not for sure about this last part." At the end of the dance, he did spirit fingers instead of jazz hands.

"You're doing spirit fingers." Carlos tells him. He shows Ricky how to do jazz hands. "I want jazz hands."

"Jazz hands." Ricky nods. "Okay."