CHAPTER TEN, last night all together

The play continued to be a success

The play continued to be a success. And even at the end of 'A Night To Rember', Seb had stormed over to the gym to where Carlos was and kissed him. He then even yelled out to his dad, "This means we're a thing!" Ophelia was shocked he did that, but she was proud of him for finally admitting that to his dad and thought the moment between him and Carlos was sweet.

"This is your fifteen minute intermission." Maddox spoke through the speakers.

"See you in the dressing room?" Ricky whispered to Ophelia with a grin.

"Of course." Ophelia smiled at him, her heart skipping a beat at seeing the fond look in his eyes. She pulled him in for a kiss and giggled against his lips when he tried to pull her closer after she had first try to pull away. She finally managed to get out of his hold and walked away.

"Ophelia," Miss Jenn gets her attention back stage. "They need you for a quick sound check for the press conference in the auditorium. They just told me."

"But I really need to go meet-" Ophelia started, a frown tugging on her lips.

"Honey, I'm sorry. Hollywood waits for nobody." Miss Jenn apologized, grabbing her arm and pulling her over to auditorium despite her protests. 

****

"I'm here everyone! So sorry I'm late!" Ophelia called out as she rushed into the dressing room just minutes before Act 2.

Ricky's eyes lit up at seeing her and he looks relieved. "Hey, there you are. Where'd you run off to?"

"Look, I'm so sorry, I was going to tell you when we would meet up in the dressing room, but Quinn wants me to be in her new movie, and I just don't know what to do and I've had a lot on my plate and it's a lot of pressure and I'm freaking out and-" Ophelia rambled on, her words running into each other and her nerves getting the best of her.

"Whoa, whoa, slow down, Lia." Ricky cuts her off, chuckling lightly as he grabs her hand, intertwining their hands. "You're doing it again. When you ramble, your words run together and become a jumbled mess."Ophelia sighs and leans her head against his shoulder, trying to calm her beating heart. Ricky brings his arm around her and kisses her head. "It's okay. Just breathe. I'm here." Ophelia sighed, feeling her heart finally calming down. Ricky always knew what to say and do to make her feel better.

Ricky pulls back slightly just enough to look at her, but his hands still remained on her hips. "I get it." She looks at him with confusion as to what he was referring to. "I get why you're so nervous." He continues. "But just know that whatever decision you make, I'll support you. Yes, I would be very upset if you go to New Zealand and yes I want you to stay here so we can finish our senior year together and graduate together, but I would be supportive of you for doing that movie." He explains. Ophelia's face softens and her heart warms at how understanding and supportive he was being. "You are so talented and I'm so proud of you for getting that movie deal. You're amazing and talented and I'm so lucky to have you. Don't worry, baby, we'll figure things out, okay? We always do. Now come here." Ricky finished with a soft smile, wrapping his arms around her to pull her in for a hug.