CHAPTER THREE, puppy love

In the morning she got up and got ready for school

In the morning she got up and got ready for school. Then when she was ready she drove to school. Once she arrived, she parked her car and headed into the school. She had a smile on her face as she walked down the hall and stopped at her locker.

"Morning, baby." Ricky greeted her, smiling widely.

"Morning." Ophelia smiled back, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him down into a sweet kiss.

"You look beautiful, as always." He said, his arms snaking around her waist.

"Thanks, babe." She giggles, giving him a quick peck. "And you look handsome as always."

He grins at her and kisses her cheek. "Ready to go meet up with the others?"

"Yep." She smiled, pulling away, but she interwind their hands together as they waked away.

****

"This is so official. There's a sign on the door." Ashlyn gushed as the drama kids walked down the hall. On the door to the auditorium there was a sign that read 'Homecoming. Private rehearsal. Do not enter' Homecoming was a secret code word for 'High School Musical 4'. "What do we do? Do we knock? Do we make a grand entrance? Lie, what do they do in Hollywood?'

"If Fallon was here, I think she'd say a grand entrance." Luca said in amusement. 

"True." Ophelia agrees with a chuckle. "Oh, crap, that reminds me I gotta update her on what happened yesterday." She muttered to herself.

"You haven't told her yet?" Luca asks in surprise. He chuckles. "She's gonna scold you for that."

"I know." Ophelia sighs. "I'm mentally preparing myself for that."

"You guys, we're actually rehearsing for 'High School Musical 4'." Gina gushed and everyone exclaimed excitedly.

"Hollywood, more like Hollywill." Ricky jokes, but no one laughed at his joke. "Sorry, guys, I'm just excited." Ophelia just shook her head and sent him a sympathetic smile, patting his shoulder to comfort him. 

Kourtney grins. "My college applications are gonna love this. Kourtney Greene, scholar, philanthropist, Hollywood actress!" She squealed excitedly.

"Obviously my bone structure was built for the big screen, but is anyone concerned we have auditions for Miss Jenn in an hour?" Carlos asked.

"I am." Ophelia admits, biting her lower lip. "Think we can get there in time?"

"Hopefully this won't take too long." Luca sighed.

"Well, that's when this rehearsal ends. So we'll be warmed up, ready to go and in Wildcat mode." Ricky smiled.

A door to the auditorium opened. "Featured background?" A girl asked with a smile.

"Yes!" The group chorused excitedly.

"You're late. Why didn't you knock?" The girl furrowed her eyebrows.