CHAPTER THIRTEEN, a confession & two break-ups

It was quiet and peaceful in the Myers house because everyone was asleep

It was quiet and peaceful in the Myers house because everyone was asleep. Besides Fallon. She was in her pjs, curled up with a blanket on the couch in the living room and watching Full House. She furrowed her eyebrows, growing confused when she heard the doorbell go off. She glanced at her phone to see the time, wondering who would be at her house so late.

She threw the blanket off her and paused her show before she got up. When she got to the front door, she grabbed an umbrella that was on the umbrella rack by the door in case she might need protection. She looked through the peep whole of the door, relaxing when she saw it was just EJ. She set the umbrella back in the umbrella rack before she unlocked the door and opened it. 

"Hey, EJ." Fallon greets with a bright smile. Her smile falls, noticing how upset he seemed to be and she raised her eyebrows upon seeing the Duke sweatshirt his dad gave him was laid over his shoulders. "What's up?"

"Can we talk?" EJ asks. He shrugs. "I just need to talk to someone and I didn't know where else to go."

"Wow," A surprised look forms on Fallon's face and she puts her hand over her heart. "I'm honored." She said, smiling when she saw she got EJ to smile slightly. "Yeah, of course we can talk. Come in." She steps to the side, opening the door wider to let him walk in. "I was just busy doing," She chuckles, shaking her head. "Well, nothing really. Just watching TV."

EJ sits on the couch as Fallon closes the door and then she joins him on the couch. "So, what do you wanna talk about, Eej?" She asked, speaking in a teasing way. 

EJ rolls his eyes slightly although there was a small smile on his face. He takes the Duke sweatshirt off his shoulders, setting it beside him on the couch. He sighs, turning to face her and bringing one leg on the couch, meaning that their legs were touching now but they didn't mind. "It's about Duke. I didn't really get in."

"I kind of figured by your shocked response." Fallon nods. She smiles sympathetically at him, tilting her head to the side. "Let me guess, your dad did something to get you in?"

EJ looks at her with surprise and nods. "Yeah, that's exactly it. How'd you know?"

"I'm in the same boat as you." Fallon admits. She exhales sharply, avoiding eye contact with EJ as she grows nervous. "There's this dance academy I applied to that's supposed to help you become a professional dancer-"

"Wait," EJ's eyes widen, his smile widening. "You applied to a dance academy? Lonnie, that's so cool! Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"'Cause I didn't get in at first." Fallon sighs heavily. She shrugs. "And I didn't want everyone to think I was a disappointment or something so I didn't tell anyone." She frowns, feeling guilty for not telling her friends about this. "Not even Ophelia or Luca know." 

EJ looks at her with sympathy, feeling bad for her and he continues to stay quiet and let her continue, but he did put a hand on her knee that touched to comfort her. "Anyway, my aunt is one of the people in charge at the academy and she talked with the other people in charge to convince them to give me a chance," She rolls her eyes and scoffs slightly. "And all because of her I got into the academy. It feels like," She sighs heavily, her shoulders dropping in defeat. "I don't know, it feels like-"