CHAPTER ONE, summer camp

It's summer time finally

It's summer time finally. Just like the wildcats sang in High School Musical 2, it's summer time and it's time for vacation. Ophelia was going to summer camp for the first time ever this summer. She was feeling a mixture of nerves and excitement. She had to admit she was upset Ricky wouldn't be going since he was spending time with Lily and her family. Yeah, it turns out they got together and while she said she would try to be happy for them it was very hard for her to do that. 

But she tried to push that thought away and just focused on having fun with her friends at camp. She and her friends took two cars to the camp. Ophelia, Luca, Gina, and Ashlyn in one while EJ, Fallon, Carlos, and Kourtney in the other. Along the journey to camp, they sang a mashup of songs 'What Time is it' from High School Musical and 'Start the Party' from Camp Rock. When they stopped at one point to take a break, they took some selfies and some videos for TikTok and then went back on the road. 

When they got to camp, it was just as Ophelia imagined a camp would be like. There was a welcome center, cabins, a barn, a playground, and even a pool. Ophelia wasn't surprised though when a girl came by the group to put their phones away. She knew that most camps had a no phone policy although it seemed like Kourtney had trouble leaving her precious phone behind, but she knew that Kourtney would be fine...Eventually.

She was now in the Carnation Cabin where she would be staying at for the summer. Ashlyn, Gina, and Kourtney were staying in the Honeycomb Cabin while she and Fallon would be staying in the Carnation Cabin. Thankfully Fallon was with her too, otherwise she wouldn't know what she would do if all her friends were together and she was alone with new people. Ophelia had to admit the cabin was cute. It had teal blue walls and a rustic-vintage look to it. There was a seating area in the center of the room, a bathroom off to the right, and it had cute little decorations here and there to brighten up the place. 

"Hey, guys." A girl with purple hair walks into the cabin with a smile. "I see you two are staying here as well." 

The two girls nod and smile friendly at her. "Yeah, I'm Ophelia and this is my best friend Fallon." Ophelia introduced themselves. 

"Nice to meet you guys, the names Lilac." The girl introduces herself. "Not really my name though, it's my camp name. My real name is Anaya." 

"Nice to meet you." Fallon smiles. She tilts her head to the side, looking confused. "So what are camp names?"

"Oh they're nicknames we all get." Anaya smiles. "It's really cool." She walks over to the bunk on the right side, putting her stuff on the bottom bunk. "Where are you guys from?"

"Utah," Ophelia replies, putting her things on the bottom bunk as Fallon does the same to the top bunk of the same bunk. "What about you?"

"New York." Anaya replies. "I always come here for summer. I like getting away from the city." 

"Nice." Fallon comments. "Yeah, this is definitely different from the city." She chuckled.

As the three girls got their things unpacked, three other girls walked into the cabin. "Hi, guys." The brunette-haired curly girl greets with a friendly smile. "I'm Taliyah." She introduced herself, walking over to the bunk at the left of the room and putting her things on the top bunk.