CHAPTER TWELVE, el ray theater

(the picture above is what ophelia is wearing for this chapter)

For the first day back to school from winter break Ophelia decided to straighten her hair (which took a lot longer than she liked it to) and pulled her hair back into a bun. She wore a black long sleeve shirt, light blue jeans with different designs on them, and black converse. She also wore a long necklace and a shorter necklace. She wasn't really for sure what she was expecting to happen when she got to rehearsals after the winter break was over, but she definitely wasn't expecting the auditorium to be a mess and firefighters everywhere. She stands between Luca and Fallon, staring at the ruined auditorium with wide eyes. "I can't believe this happened."

"Me neither." Fallon agrees. Her lips forms into a frown. "It's just awful. I mean, what are we gonna do now that we have no stage?"

"What happened?" Nini questioned. 

"It's okay." Miss Jenn assures the group, walking over to stand in front of them. "Nobody was hurt. There was a small fire in the theater over the holiday and the sprinklers did their job."

A female firefighter walks over, holding a burnt basketball. "We're almost done in here, just have to finish up in the faculty room next. Some circuits blew in there over the break."

Sad expressions forms on the teen's faces at what the female firefighter says next. "Unfortunately, the show cannot go on."

Miss Jenn looks at her with shock. "What?"

"Fire ripped through half of your costumes and the sprinklers ruined a bunch of your sets." The female firefighter explains. "I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to red tag the entire backstage area for a month at least." She handed the burnt basketball to Miss Jenn before walking away.

Kourtney frowns. "Did she just say costumes?"

"Okay. Okay, listen up." Miss Jenn turns to face the teens. "Hug your neighbor, take a moment," Ophelia and Fallon wrap their arms around each other, Ophelia even wrapped her arm around Luca who had been quiet this whole time and was now currently on his phone, texting someone. "And let's reconvene in the cafeteria after school to talk about options."

Luca was texting Gina. He already texted her three times and she didn't respond to any of them which was making him worry. Not only was he worried about her he was worried if she was mad at him.

"Nini and Ricky, spread the word." Miss Jenn said and they both nodded in response.

****

Ophelia stood in the cafeteria with the rest of the drama club, standing beside Fallon and Luca by one of the tables. "Okay, guys." Miss Jenn claps, getting everyone's attention since they were having a conversation amongst themselves. "Wait, where's Gina?"

"I think she's going through a family thing right now." Ashlyn responded, sitting on top of one of the tables while everyone took a seat somewhere.

"Okay." Miss Jenn nods. "Prayers to our Gina."