CHAPTER SEVEN, homecoming

(the picture above is ophelia's outfit for this chapter)

Homecoming. The night that Ophelia dreaded. 

She never had a date to Homecoming before. She just usually went with Fallon and Luca since they didn't have any dates either. But out of nowhere she got asked to Homecoming by one of the football players named Eric the other day. She was at the local coffee shop and he happened to be there as well. He made the first move to talk to her since Ophelia never would've made the first move to talk to someone like Eric. They both spent the next hour talking and getting to know each other. By the time they were done Eric had asked her if she had a date to homecoming and when she said no he asked her to be his date.

"Are you sure you would rather wear sneakers with your dress?" Fallon asks her as they were getting ready in Ophelia's room with a cringed expression, looking at Ophelia's outfit in the full length mirror the two girls stood in front of. "I mean, high heels or at least flats would look better."

"I'm already dreading this night enough." Ophelia sighs. "I just want to be comfortable." 

"Okay, okay." Fallon gave up on trying to get Ophelia to wear heels. She looked at herself in the mirror with a smile. 

She wore a long black dress that reached to her ankles, black colored one inch high heels, and the top half of the dress was lace. Her hair was curled neatly, part of it was pulled back, her makeup was done to match the dress, and she even wore a bracelet on her right wrist. "I think we're ready."

(this is fallon's outfit for this chapter)

After grabbing their purses they walk out of the room and down the stairs

After grabbing their purses they walk out of the room and down the stairs. "You girls look fabulous!" Phoebe, Ophelia's mom complimented, standing beside Nate, Ophelia's dad, at the bottom of the stairs.

Ophelia smiles. "Thanks, mom." Ophelia raises her eyebrows when she noticed her dad wiping tears from his eyes. She chuckles. "Dad, are you crying?"

"What?" Nate scoffs. He sniffles. "No, my eyes are sweating."

Ophelia rolls her eyes and chuckles. "Okay, sure."

"Okay, before you girls leave we have to take pictures." Phoebe tells them causing the two to groan. "I'm not the only one who wants them, Fallon's mom also wants pictures."

When they were done taking what seemed like a million pictures Ophelia drove her and Fallon to the dance. "Kinda weird how your date didn't pick you up." Fallon commented once they got to the school.

"Yeah, I know. But he said just to meet at the school." Ophelia shrugs, getting out of her car along with Fallon when it was parked and turned off. She glances at Fallon with worry in her eyes. "Do you think I made a mistake of agreeing to be Eric's date?"

Fallon shakes her head, walking down the sidewalk to the entrance of the school with Ophelia. "I don't think so. He seems like a nice guy when he asked you the other day." She playfully elbows her and smiles a bit. "He's cute and, like, one of the most popular boys in school."