CHAPTER FOURTEEN, tech rehearsal part 2

Tech rehearsal continues on and Ophelia was helping Steph and Kourtney with the costumes since she needed a break from trying to figure out the lighting stuff

Tech rehearsal continues on and Ophelia was helping Steph and Kourtney with the costumes since she needed a break from trying to figure out the lighting stuff. She didn't think figuring out the lighting of this theater would be so hard, but she was way wrong.

"Okay, let's pretend we've figured out the lighting. If we've got a sound system, we got a show." Miss Jenn walks over to the middle of the stage, holding a microphone. "I need someone to sing for microphone levels. Who's not doing anything?"

Ophelia shares a look with Steph, both grinning as they nod. They went to stand beside each side of Kourtney, guiding her over to Miss Jenn. "Kourtney is an amazing singer." Steph commented.

"Very amazing indeed." Ophelia agreed. She gave Kourtney a gentle push along with Steph towards Miss Jenn.

Kourtney nervously laughs. "I'm a singer, not an actor." She points at herself. "This voice is for church."

Miss Jenn smiles, stopping Kourtney from walking away. "Thank you for volunteering." She hands Kourtney the microphone. "Just sing anything from the show. Doesn't matter what. No judgement." She guides Kourtney over to the middle of the stage and Ophelia and Steph went to stand by the clothing rack, sharing excited smiles with each other. "This is a safe place." Miss Jenn said to Kourtney before walking off to the side.

Miss Jenn gestures for Big Red to turn on the microphones and he does. Kourtney glances back at Ophelia and Steph with a nervous expression. They both give her thumbs up and encouraging smiles. Ophelia knew Kourtney would be fine. She never heard Kourtney sing before, but she has heard the girl hum from time to time and she sounded good. Ophelia figured that Kourtney sounded even better when she sang and Ophelia believed Kourtney deserved her time to shine.

"I believe in dreaming, shooting for the stars." Everyone had stopped what they were doing when Kourtney started to beautifully sing 'Bop To The Top'. "Baby, to be number one you got to raise the bar. Yeah, we're gonna bop, bop, bop, bop to the top. Slip and slide and ride that rhythm. Jump and hop, hop 'till we drop, and start again. Zip, zap, zop, hop like a mop, scoot around the corner. Move and groove 'till the music stops."

The microphone giving feedback caused her to stop belting out the last word. Everyone had covered their ears upon hearing the loud noise from the microphone and uncovered their ears when it went away. Ophelia didn't hesitate to clap for Kourtney, everyone joining her. Kourtney seriously was so talented.

Miss Jenn walks up to Kourtney. "Kourtney, honey, that was a wow." Kourtney grins at her. "Unfortunately, it seems we have now broken the sound system, the lights, and possibly me." Miss Jenn sighs. She looks at Carlos. "Carlos, could you please clear the theater right now?"

Ophelia and Steph went over to Kourtney after Miss Jenn walked to her desk. "Kourt, I absolutely love your singing!" Ophelia complimented, looking at Kourtney with a grin.

Kourtney grins back at her. "Thank you, O! I didn't think I could do it, but I did and I have to admit I enjoyed it."

Steph gestures to herself and Ophelia. "O and I knew you could do it. Kourt, that was so good."