CHAPTER THIRTEEN, tech rehearsal

Nini and Ricky went off to find somewhere quiet to practice the scene as everyone else cleared the stage

Nini and Ricky went off to find somewhere quiet to practice the scene as everyone else cleared the stage. Ophelia went over to backstage where some technical equipment that would be used for the show is at. Miss Jenn was right. Everything was hand-cranked which was odd. She wasn't used to having to deal with hand-cranked stuff like this. Honestly, the whole theater was outdated. Ophelia bit her lower lip as she looked at each of the options. She wished they had a label on them so she could tell what they were all for.

"Have you found the one that works the light?" Big Red asked, walking over to her. He and Ophelia we're in charge of the technical equipment for the show. Even though Ophelia knew more about this kind of stuff with being in yearbook club she was confused at how to work stuff like this.

"Nope." Ophelia sighs. "Why does this have to be so complicated?"

Big Red shakes his head. "No idea."

Ashlyn walks over to them. "Do you two need any help?"

"I think we'll figure it out." Big Red responds, glancing at the hand-cranked levers that were used for different things. "I just don't know how to make things light up."

Ashlyn smiles at him. "You walk into a room."

Big Red looks at her with a bit of confusion at first and then a big smile tugs on his lips. "Oh..."

Ophelia smiles at the two, quietly saying 'awe'. "Seriously, though, I've been through a few tech rehearsals in my day." Ashlyn glances at Ophelia and then back at Big Red. "You guys just holler if you need me."

Big Red nods, the big smile still on his lips. "Thanks, Ash."

Ashlyn puts a hand on his shoulder, giving it a comforting squeeze. "You got this." The two stare at each other longer than they probably should. Ophelia watched the two with a knowing smile. Ashlyn quickly breaks away her gaze from Big Red, gesturing with a nod of her head to Ophelia as she looks at the girl with a smile. "Besides, you got Ophelia to help you. She's a genius at this kind of stuff."

Ophelia shares a smile with Ashlyn before the red-haired girl walked away. Big Red glances to his right where Ophelia stood when he felt someone looking at him. He raises his eyebrows upon seeing she was grinning at him. "What?"

Ophelia points at him. "You so like her!"

Big Red scoffs, glancing at the floor to avoid her gaze. "No, I don't." Ophelia continues to grin at him, noticing that he was blushing, but she didn't say anything about it. "Let's...Let's just try to figure this out." Big Red said, looking at the levers in front of them. Ophelia nodded and looked at the levers as well. Big Red pulled down the one that's in front of him and the two teens looked around with confusion when nothing happened.

"Maybe that doesn't do anything?" Ophelia commented but it sounded more like a question.

"Okay, we just need to nail down our lighting and our sound, and ta-da we got a show." Miss Jenn said to everyone with a smile. "I need some bodies for the rooftop scene."