CHAPTER SEVENTEEN, something there i didn't see before

The set on stage was the set for 'Something There'. Ricky and Ophelia sat at the picnic table, pretending to have a meal like Belle and Beast does in the movie. Off stage, Natalie uses a fishing rod that had the hook attached to the napkin Ophelia had and pulled the napkin off the table. Ricky got up and handed the napkin back to Ophelia, who pretended to look shocked but then smiled as she set her napkin down. Just like how Belle looked shocked at Beast's sudden kind gesture in the movie. 

"There's something sweet and almost kind," Ophelia sings as Ricky sits back down. While Ricky picks up the bowl, pretending to drink the soup, Ophelia turns to face the crowd. "But he was mean and he was coarse and unrefined. And now he's dear, and so unsure. I wonder why I didn't see him there before.

This song could go along with Ophelia's and Ricky's friendship currently. They've been partners in crime, the best of friends their whole lives, dating other people and not having any romantic feelings towards each other. But then suddenly things changed and Ophelia was starting to wonder why she never saw Ricky that way before. 

Ricky stands up, walking to the right side of the stage. "She glanced this way," Ophelia stands as well, walking to the left side of the stage. "I thought I saw and when we touched," Ricky glances at his hand that was covered with fake fur. "She didn't shudder at my paw." He lowers his arm, shaking his head. "No, it can't be, I'll just ignore, but then she's never looked at me that way before." Ricky looked out at the crowd pretending to look conflicted, noticing Lily in the crowd. She smiled brightly at him, but he looked away from her. 

"New, and a bit alarming." Ophelia twirls the end of her dress around, smiling at the crowd. "Who'd have ever thought that this could be?

On the wings of the stage, Luca and Gina stood across from each other, waiting for their cue to come on stage. They both lock eyes with each other and smile brightly at her. He blew a kiss to her which made her blush and then pretend to catch the kiss, holding it close to her heart. Then it was his turn to blush and he smiled softly at her.

Ophelia and Ricky now sat on the bench in front of the picnic table, Ophelia pretends to look shocked but smile softly when Ricky handed her a flower. "True, that he's no Prince Charming." Fake snow began falling as Ophelia continues to sing. She glances up at the pretend snow, portraying fake awe and holds the flower close to her. "But there's something in him that I simply didn't see.

Carlos walks through the door of the castle set onto the balcony, faking a shocked look when he noticed Ophelia and Ricky. He then gestures for the others to follow him as he walks onto the top part of the balcony. Ricky stands, taking his cloak off and wrapping it around Ophelia. As the others gathered on the balcony, Ophelia stands, her and Ricky standing in front of each other with smiles on their faces as the fake snow fell down. 

Carlos gestures at the two. "Well, who'd have thought."

Kourtney smiles. "Well, bless my soul."

"Well, who'd have known?" Luca questioned.

"Well, who indeed." Kourtney agreed.

"And who'd have guessed they'd come together on their own?" Carlos inquired. Ophelia and Ricky were now pretending to chase each other around the fountain as the others sang. 

"It's so peculiar." Kourtney sang.

"Wait and see, a few days more." Carlos, Kourtney, and Luca sings. "There may be something there that wasn't there before."