CHAPTER SEVEN, camp prom

"Wait, there's a camp prom?" Eliana gasps excitedly, her eyes widening. "Why am I just now finding this out?"

"I feel betrayed." Taliyah dramatically said, pretending to look hurt as she put a hand over her heart. She looks over at the purple haired girl. "Anaya, why didn't you say something sooner?"

"I thought you guys knew." Anaya shrugs. "And you didn't ask." She sheepishly smiled. 

Ophelia and Fallon were in the Carnation Cabin with the girls getting ready for the prom the next day. It was a 70s themed prom, Ophelia had no clue why, but she found it interesting.

"Question," Kadence speaks up, looking curious. "Why is the dance seventy themed?"

"I honestly don't know." Anaya admits. "But this night is always one of the best nights at camp." She smiled.

Suddenly Ricky pokes his head into the open window, glancing around for Ophelia. "Lia, can we talk?" 

"Hey, no boys allowed." Anaya gestured for him to shoo away.

"I'm not even inside." Ricky chuckled.

"Yeah, we can talk." Ophelia nods, smiling as she walked out of the cabin and met him outside. "What's up?" She asked curiously.

"So, Carlos told me that he did some research when he got his phone back last night and found out there's a trailer of the documentary that's gonna be dropping soon." Ricky explains, causing her eyes to widen. "And he said that there was footage of us kissing and footage of me telling Carlos about us." 

"What?" Ophelia stares at him in his shock. "Well, I guess I should've assumed that jerk Channing would put those footage in that trailer." She mutters. "I just didn't think he actually would invade privacy like that. But I guess that's what a reality show is."

"Are you okay with it?" Ricky asks worriedly, his hand brushing against hers .Not quite holding her hand, but close enough to rbush against it and close enough to give her butterflies in her stomach. "I know we were trying to keep our relationship a secret and all. Kinda gonna be hard now with that being in the trailer."

"I'm okay with it." Ophelia admits. "Maybe it'll be easier for people to know instead of keeping it a secret." She smiles a little. "And we can still keep it a secret while we're at camp and before the others know about the trailer. Deal?"

Ricky nods, smiling softly at her. "Deal."

****

(ophelia's outfit for the prom) 

(fallon's outfit for the prom)

(luca's outfit for the prom)

Ophelia, Fallon, Ashlyn, Kourtney, and Gina all walk in the decorated barn at the same time dressed in their seventy themed outfits. The boys standing off to the side stared at them in awe, Luca couldn't take his eyes off Gina and was at a loss for words, Ricky had even almost coked on his drink after seeing how Ophelia looked like, and EJ glanced up from the script he held in awe at seeing Fallon.

"Hello, boys." Gina greeted as they walk over to them.

"Wow." Ricky cleared his throat when his voice cracked.

"Rick, you okay?" Ophelia chuckled a little, looking at him in concern.

"Yeah, you good?" EJ asked, noticing the way Ricky kept staring at Ophelia in awe.