CHAPTER ONE, first day of senior year

The fact that the first day of senior year was tomorrow was still a surprise to Ophelia

The fact that the first day of senior year was tomorrow was still a surprise to Ophelia. She couldn't believe how fast the summer has gone by. Ophelia was curled up on the couch in her house next to her boyfriend, Ricky. Senior year started for them tomorrow, tonight was the last day of summer. She smiled as she felt his hand trace up and down her arm mindlessly. They recently got together this summer, and after the documentary got out she was relieved that they didn't have to hide their relationship anymore.

She leans into him with a small frown. "I wish this summer could have lasted forever." She let out a soft sigh.

He looks at her and smiles softly. "But then we'd be missing out on senior year! Think about it, only one year left. We will be off to college and never look back."

"I guess you're right." She responded. She knew he was right, but she was still nervous and excited about senior year. Ricky put his arm around her and pulled her in closer, kissing her head. 

"Hey, by the way," Ricky speaks up, breaking the comfortable silence. "I wanted to AirDrop you something."

"Oh?" Ophelia said, raising her eyebrows and looking at him curiously.

"It's just a melody right now, but I couldn't get it out of my head. And it reminded me of you." Ricky admitted.

"Well, aren't you the cutest." Ophelia teases, ignoring how butterflies swarmed in her stomach as she kissed his cheek. "I'm assuming it's 'cause you can't get me out of your head?"

Ricky smiles at her, his face turning a bit red. "Exactly. You know me so well." Ophelia giggles and nods in agreement. "But it could be a song. It could be nothing. I just thought maybe we could write this one together."

"Really?" Ophelia asks, her smile widening. "You wanna write a song together?"

"Of course." Ricky says, smiling softly at her. "We're a team. Right?"

"Yeah." Ophelia agrees, leaning in and kissing him. "We're a team."

Then suddenly the moment was ruined by footsteps walking down the stairs.

"Bowen," Phoebe, Ophelia's mom, speaks up as she walks into the living room. "It's a school night. Time to leave."

"Mom." Ophelia whines. "Five more minutes?"

Phoebe smiles in amusement and shakes her head. "No more minutes. Bowen-"

"Out, I got it." Ricky interrupts with a chuckle and reluctantly pulled away from Ophelia, but not before he kissed her forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow, babe. Night."

Ophelia smiles softly, her heart fluttering. "Good night." She watched as her boyfriend left, closing the door behind him. Once he was gone she let out a dreamy sigh and still had a wide smile on her face. She couldn't stop smiling.

Phoebe laughs at her expression as she took a seat beside her daughter. "I'm so glad you two are finally dating. I thought it would never happen."

Ophelia nods, "Yeah," She agrees with a smile. "But it was worth the wait."