CHAPTER SIX, busy day

The next day Ophelia was in costume for her role as Bailey in the movie

The next day Ophelia was in costume for her role as Bailey in the movie. She stood outside of the drama club room, reading over the time slot for the movie she had. It seemed like all the scenes she had today were with Mack, all day. That wasn't good. She had to be at rehearsal somehow.

But then she overheard Principal Gutierrez talking to Miss Jenn in the bomb shelter about how he could he cancelling HSM3. But she came up with an idea that was so crazy it just might work.

Ophelia walks over to Quinn with a smile. "Hey, can I ask a quick question?"

"For my leading lady, you get 30 seconds." Quinn replied.

"Is there, like, any way we can shoot the scenes with Mack today?" She asked hopefully.

"Wow. What an exciting idea. Listen, not only is it not your job to set the shooting schedule, but getting it in the can would require a lot of time and a seasoned cast which frankly you are not." Quinn said.

Ophelia's eyes widen and she looks a bit hurt. She didn't know Mack had been standing nearby listening until he joined them. "But Ophelia has been killing it." He comments. "And I think it'd be a relief for the crew if we got ahead of schedule." She glanced at him with a bit of surprise that he defended her. She didn't think he would ever defend her.

"Okay, kids, here's some great advice. 'No' is a complete sentence." Quinn replied. "Thanks."

Ophelia frowns as Quinn turned to her phone. Then she smiles as she thought of an idea to convince Quinn. "I should've known better about asking about that. I'm so sorry." She apologizes. "I just thought that since Maria Jay said that 'Directing is a team sport' in her cover story for 'The Hollywood Reporter', that you would also be like that."

Quinn finally looks up at her, raising her eyebrows. "Maria Jay? That hack that directed 'This Is Where The Money Went?' A faint shadow on my Sundance runner up film, 'Where has the money gone?'"

"Heard she got a Tesla from the cast." Ophelia shrugged.

"I'm hearing awards buzz." Mack chimed in, pretending to be hearing something and Ophelia nodded in agreement, going along with him.

Quinn grabs the microphone. "Okay, listen up, everyone. Change of plans. Today is going to be a marathon because I, Quinn, the director of this film, have decided so by myself." She then walked away.

"I can't believe she actually agreed to that." Ophelia grinned, fist bumping Mack.

****

"Today, we are attempting to shoot twenty-two pages." Quinn explains. The group was now on set o fthe Miss Darbus lifelike classroom. "IF we make our day we will break the record famously set by the crew of The Reveneant who shot all the forest stuff in an hour because the bear was in heat.

"So," Mack smiles at Ophelia. "You ready to crush it? No prisoners today, just gotta nail that chemistry. That's our only job. As friends." He quickly added.