CHAPTER FIFTEEN, sleepovers & broadway transformation

Ophelia had to admit it felt weird to be back at school after Spring Break, but she was glad to be back

Ophelia had to admit it felt weird to be back at school after Spring Break, but she was glad to be back. Everyone was on stage, talking amongst themselves while they waited for rehearsal to start. 

"Alright, let's get started!" Carlos smiles brightly, walking over to the music stand Miss Jenn and Seb stood by. 

(this is ophelia's outfit for this chapter)

"Hello?" Carlos calls out in a louder tone and puts emphasis on the word, trying to get everyone's attention since they were all still talking

"Hello?" Carlos calls out in a louder tone and puts emphasis on the word, trying to get everyone's attention since they were all still talking. "Let's get started!" 

After Miss Jenn got done talking wtih Seb, the blonde-haired boy walks off the stage to sit at the piano. "Okay, Wildcats." Miss Jenn smiles widely at the group of students and claps her hands. The chatter in the room stopped and they all turn to face her with smiles. "Let's shake spring break out of our systems and try the Beast transformation one last time. And remember, this is the triumph of the show, the moment the audience has been waiting for." With a forced smile on her face, she chuckles nervously. "This has to work."

Ricky leans over to Ophelia, whispering, "No pressure, right?" 

"Yeah." Ophelia chuckled nervously, fiddling with the blue cloak she wore. Ricky had on the jacket Beast would wear during this scene and held the Beast mask in his hands.

Miss Jenn points at Ricky. "Ricky, try not to rush this time. We'll speed it up when you're more confident."

Ricky nods. "Got it."

"Let's take it from..." Miss Jenn turns to the music stand by her where the script was at. "'You came back.'" She then sat down next to Carlos behind the music stand.

Everyone else got out of the way to give Ricky and Ophelia space. Ophelia kneeled on the floor, closes her eyes and taking a deep breath, trying to get into character. Ricky put on the Beast mask and laid on the floor in front of her. Ophelia opened her eyes as Ricky laid his head on her lap. When Miss Jenn told them to start the scene, she wrapped her arm around Ricky's shoulders, putting her other hand on Ricky's arm that was on his chest.

Ricky had his right arm outstretched, his left arm laying on his chest. "You came back." He spoke in a strained voice, making it sound like he had been hurt.