Factory Spec

And the best part? It was only Monday. The very next day, Vez gave birth to two boys who looked every bit like there parents. Then, on Wednesday, Ator's eggs hatched and, much like Shadow, Ator had gone completely crazy, he was so happy to finally be a Dad. Even his hatchlings clawing his scars, which happened a few times, didn't upset his mood. A couple days after that, Shadow and Nina made a decision to get a DNA test with Taro to find out once and for all weather or not Taro really was there son. And sure enough, the test came back positive. The test results spread thought the base like wildfire and Taro quickly earned the nickname, “The Lone Survivor”, which Shadow personally loved. As we wasted the days away, I learned that Mark had joined the Hatchery Guardian, who turned out to be Ness. At first, any trust we might have had in Ness kind of started to slip, as none of us wanted to take any chances after what happened at the hatchery, we were even a little unsure of Mark, but it was the way Ness acted in the face of the mistrust, and I quote.

“Trust me or not, doesn't change the kind of dragon I am”, that slowly turned it around.

A couple of days after the insanity had settled down, I woke up to Adelind's soft snoring. Her tail was wrapped around mine and she was pressed so close I wondered if she were trying to fuse into me or something. I smiled at myself and nuzzled her awake.

“Morning my sweet”, I said.

She smiled and licked me, “morning my boy.”

“Did you sleep well?”, I asked.

“I did”, she replied standing and rolling me on to my back.

“Since when are you strong enough to do that?”, I asked as she lay across my chest.

“I don't know”, she replied, “stuff happens I guess.”

“I like it when stuff happens”, I said pulling her into a kiss.

We kissed for a few minutes before Shadow walked in.

“Am I interrupting something?”, he asked, “which I hope I'm not.”

“Not like the door was closed or anything”, I said, “go ahead and come on in.”

Shadow looked at me like I was crazy.

“That's what I thought”, I said, “now get out before I burn your face off.”

Shadow turned and left, shutting the door behind him.

“Wish he wouldn't do that”, Adelind said sighing and laying her head on my chest, “why does everyone spy on us?”

“Maybe there aliens sent to steel the secrets of a great relationship”, I snickered.

“Do we look like the keepers of that knowledge?”, Adelind asked sarcastically.

“Apparently to ET”, I said laughing.

Adelind laughed with me and pulled me into a kiss. Right in the middle of it, there was a knock on the door.

Adelind groaned, “Ugh, every time.”

I gave an annoyed sigh, “it's open.”

Hudson stuck his head in, “sorry to interrupt Tyro...but Shadow warned me so I'm kind of knocking.”

“I'm not gonna burn anyone's face off Hudson”, I said, “what's up?”

“Nolan sent me to get you”, he replied, “Frank said he has intel on some Project Draco movements.”

“I'll be right there”, I replied.

Hudson shut the door behind him. Adelind sighed.

“I was just starting to get warm.”