The Informant

It didn't take us too long to get back to the command tent. When my friends and I got there, we were met by Nolan and Hudson. They were both hunched over a map discussing troop placements. It figured. Back at boot camp, Hudson was the one guy even Officers went to when they had problems with deciding where to put their soldiers.

“Is everyone here?”, Nolan asked.

“Everyone's here”, I replied, “expect our light assault expert Vez, she's pregnant at the moment and I don't want her in harms way.”

“Understandable”, Nolan said, “shall we begin?”

We gathered around the table as Nolan drew up a hologram. The halo was of a small village settled in a valley. There were several buildings in the valley that were of a similar construction, while there where four sniper towers located at the highest points and a warehouse in the back of the valley.

“One of our spies, a 6 year old male by the name of Teovanth, was captured by American RDH Forces two days ago and is being held at this out post in Russia”, Nolan said.

“Russia?”, Fireclaw asked, “I was Draco for a long time and saw a few deployments there, American-Russian relations aren't the best, why do they ave an outpost there?”

“Russia gave the land to America as a storage facility”, Nolan said, “on terms of good will and a symbol of trust. Two days ago, our AC-130 in the area registered a much higher than normal activity level and not three hours ago, a whisper drone from that same 130 captured this.”

Nolan showed a video of men unloading crates from more than a few deuces.

“Before he was captured, Teovanth confirmed to me that the crates contain 5000 rounds each of DK ammunition”, Nolan said.

“How many boxes?”, Tess asked.

“Five hundred”, Nolan said.

“Five hundred times five k”, Sozenn said, “that's two and a half million rounds of DK makes my scales crawl.”

Mark shivered, “yeah no shit.”

“It translates to a lot of innocent dragons”, Nolan said, “Draco and Resistance alike that are going to die like animals if you don't ruin the cache”, he produced more pictures, a map and pointed to a spot on the map, “Tyro, you and your team will insert here. Once inside the base, you'll have three objectives. One is to rescue Teovanth as his parents are going crazy with the thought of losing him, two is to destroy the DK ammo cache and three is to retrieve any intel you can, anything you can do to help locate the DK facility. Teovanth is the top priority, as we can always have the 130 ruin the cache if you can't.”

“Yes sir”, I replied.

“When we going?”, Syralth asked.

“Two hours”, Nolan said, “It's the middle of winter, so I recommend heavy vests and clothes.”

We nodded and left the room. I had to hit the armory and get some winter gear, as all I had was light desert stuff. The vest I picked had Siberian camouflage and the 105 that was bolted to it was Ice camouflage. I bolted my Mk-48 to it and it was ready to go. I also got Siberian camouflage fatigues and a black face warp that completely covered my head and had holes in it for my horns.

I went back to the barracks and found Adelind laying in the grass watching the kids play. When I walked up, they dog piled me.

“Wow easy guys”, I laughed, “I'm on your side.”

“What did Nolan want?”, Adelind asked as she walked up to me.

“A mission in Russia”, I said, “were leaving in a couple of hours, I just came by to switch some stuff into this new vest.”