Unwelcome Discovery

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. The room was chilled just right, it was quiet and Adelind was still curled against me. The ache that had taken up residence in every scale on my body was now light to absent and the sores were slowly scabbing over and healing up. The chips in my horns were healing nicely and my sore throat was gone. After a near month of continuous combat and searching, it was nice to be home. I stretched a little and then nuzzled Adelind awake. She batted her eyes, yawned cutely and smiled when she looked at me.

“Morning my love”, I said kissing her.

She kissed me back, “morning my boy. Did you sleep well?”

“Of course I did”, I said pulling her close to me, “you were beside me.”

She blushed. I smiled.

“Why, even after 22 years do you blush every time I say that?”, I asked.

She smiled, “because it's like were 4 and 2 again.”

“Ah, I remember those days”, I said, “I still remember the day I got my first real kiss from you.”

She smiled and put her arm around me and lay her head on my neck, “you made all the other Alpha females so jealous and made my life a lot better.”

Adelind gave me a light, teasing lick. I smiled and purred at my mate's affection. I couldn't think of a better dragoness I'd want to spend my life with. I closed my eyes as Adelind continued to tease me.

“You know we got five kids already”, I said through my smile.

“What makes you think I care?”, Adelind whispered into my ear.

I smiled and purred contently.

“Stop teasing me”, I said.

“Make me”, Adelind said licking my neck. She pushed me onto my back and lay her head on my chest.

“Do you want me to stop?”, she asked.

“Not really”, I answered pulling her into a kiss.

“That's what I thought”, she smiled.

We played around for at least another hour before I heard the TV come on.

“Sounds like the kids are awake”, Adelind said.

I sighed, “that means they'll be hungry. Why don't you get dressed and I'll get breakfast started?”

She sighed and rolled off of me, “not as good a plan as I would have liked, but I guess it works.”

I smiled at her antics and got out of bed myself. I grabbed my tags off my night stand and hung them around my neck before walking into the living room. The Dusk and Helix were watching TV, Tyson was playing with Kayel and Ace was laying in the corner starring off into space. I could have guessed what he was thinking about. I smiled at myself and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a package of bacon and sausage from the refrigerator and a pan from the cupboard. I placed the pan on the stove and then added the bacon and sausage to it as Adelind came out of the bedroom.

She was dressed ion a white T-shirt and blue jeans with a tail sleeve. She had her tags hanging around her neck and her scales polished.

“You look beautiful”, I said.

She smiled at me smoothed her crest, giving me her big, cute eyes as she did.

“Are you trying to make me go insane?”, I asked.

“Maybe”, she said.

“Well stop it”, I said, “the kids are here.”

She smiled and winked at me. I shook my head and turned back to the stove. The bacon was beginning to brown and the sausage with it. I consulted a cook book that Emelia had given me as a moving in present and promptly added eggs, peppers and pepper to a separate pan. The food sizzled and fried, attracting Tyson in the process.