Set Sail

The next three weeks flung by. During that time the Army mobilized, the navy mobilized, production of firearms and ammunition went through the roof and every single reservist solider was called up. Everyday something new about the preparations for the American invasion was in the news, the masses of troops gathering at the various, coastal forts around the country or the new ships rolling out of Lowell Machine Yard. One morning I was sitting at the table eating breakfast with Adelind, and the kids were playing Xbox when my phone rang. When I picked it up, I saw the caller id was Nolan.

"Yeah Nolan?", I said answering.

"It's time Tyro", he said, "you and Adelind need to get down to the docks, the fleet sets sail in an hour. I'll meet you down there."

"Were on our way", I said hanging up.

"Who was that?", Adelind asked.

"Nolan", I answered, "fleet sets out in an hour, you and I need to get going."

Adelind sighed and put her plate in the sink. We let the kids keep playing as we got dressed and then walked back out to the living room.

"Hey guys", I said tapping Ace's shoulder.

"Yeah?", Ace asked pausing the game."

The fleet sets off in an hour", I told him, "your Mom and I are going with it, which means you guys have got to stay at the hatchery for a while."

"When will you get back?", Tyson asked.

"8 days to two weeks", Adelind answered, "most of that is just the trip though, we'll keep in touch."

"Do you have to go?", Dusk asked.

"Yes", Helix said, "you know Mommy and Daddy are in charge of the whole thing right?"

"Not quite sweetie", I laughed.

"Hey she's close though", Danny laughed, appearing in the door way with his 40mm cannon strapped to his back.

"Sure", I said laughing.

"Cloud will watch the kids", Danny said, 'it's better than having them hang around the hatchery for a week."

"Okay but I'm bringing Minecraft", Ace said grabbing the game and his controller from the shelf. Adelind and I walked them down ton Danny's house and then headed for Port Talon. When we got there, the Docks were swarming with Army and Marines as well as the white and black uniformed ISA agents, Navy Seals and countless dragons of all sizes and colors. Two hundred humans and dragons at a time were boarding large troop transports while the SEALS and the Marines were boarding submarines and aircraft carriers. ISA soldiers were climbing abroad Cruisers and Destroyers and EPA units were climbing into a huge, floating fortress known as a Missile Carrier.

"Wow", Adelind said, "that thing's huge."

"It's a Kennedy Class Missile Cruiser", Hudson said, "they carry 40 Tomahawk and 10 Apache misses at any time."

"That's a shit load of firepower", Ator said, "anyway, Tyro do you know what ship were supposed to be on?"

"Nope", I answered, "Nolan said he'd meet us here."

It took Nolan another ten minutes to show up. When he finally got here, I found he was in a full combat load and was wearing an ISA uniform, he also had his wife with him and she was armed with the same rifle that Mnerloth had.

"Sir", I said."Major", Nolan said, "if you and Raven will follow me, Shadow, you and Nina too."

We followed Nolan to the end of the docks to Artimus waiting battleship. Artimus herself was standing at the bow, looking out over the vast ocean.