A Vision From Hell

That night I had the worst nightmare I'd ever had. I think it was around three in the morning. I woke to several humans entering our room, all of whom were carrying AA-12 shotguns with 30 round drum magazines. I rose as quickly as I could and stood over my mate and cubs to protect them and attempted to expel the shotgun carrying humans with a cloud of white hot plasma, but some how, a muzzle found it's way onto my snout before I could lose it. I the attempted to slash and claw at the humans, but heavy chains, like a net, suddenly closed around me and no matter how much I fought it, they didn't budge. One of the humans walked up and bashed me in the the chest with his gun, knocking every bit of air I had right out. Because of the muzzle, I was unable to even catch my breath.

The humans threw Adelind and the kids into chains and dragged them outside. Val, Vez, Taro, Shadow, everyone was laying outside, muzzled and chained. Shadow, Taro and I were fighting was hard as we could to escape our restraints, but we weren't going anywhere.

“Yes”, the human said in a evil voice, fight it, it will hurt more.”

That was when I noticed the humans had no faces, eyes, nose, ears, they were completely devoid of any and all facial features. Adelind and my kids gave me fearful looks, they were looks of the most pure terror, looks I'll never forget. I fought with everything I had against the restraints, but the harder I fought, the tighter they got. It came to the point where I had to give up or get crushed by the self tightening chains.

The second I lay still, the sound of a human racking a Remington 870 filled the air. The sound of the gun going off filled the air. Then came Shadow's scream. At first, I'd thought they'd shot him, until I happened to glance at Nina. They had started with her. The human had placed the shotgun to her back knee and shattered it. There was almost nothing left of her leg and she was now pale, trying to open her mouth enough to get air into her lungs. The human worked through Nina, shattering her knees and then came to Shadow. Shadow managed to knock the faceless human onto his back. In retaliation, another drove a combat knife into his back, twisting it several times before ripping it out.

“Feisty little bastard ain't ya?”, the human with the gun asked, “let's fix that.”

The sound of the Remington racking again filled the air. Shadow gritted his teeth and closed his eyes tightly as he waited for the gun to go off. The slug ripped through his kneecap and set his blood and bone all over Taro.

“FUCKER!”, Taro shouted, even with the muzzle on, “I'LL KILL YOU FOR THAT!”

“Calm down you old shit”, the human said kneeling in front of Shadow, who was know crying, “I still got plenty of slugs, so you can have some too,.”

The human worked through Shadow and then came to Taro. Taro took a nasty swipe at the human after managing to get his paw free. The human somehow managed to stop him, pin his paw and blow off the kneecap. Taro shouted from the pain as the human worked through his legs. One by one, the humans shattered my friends knees, Sozenn, Cora, Fireclaw, Tala, Syralth, Tess, Val, Vez, Rolland, Ator and Mark. Soon it was our turn.

“Guess whose next Tyro?”, the human asked.

Everything seemed to slow down. The man with the shotgun bent over little Kayel, who'd been crying the whole time, and shattered her head. Basic abilities, such as hearing, left me as he cocked the shotgun and the shell landed right in front of my nose. The fire inside of me burned so high, so quickly, the chains melted and the muzzle vaporized. In less than a second, I was up and gave the human a nasty, five clawed rake across his face, drawing only a black, vaporous mist from, the deep gash I'd left. The man left and knocked me back before shattering my front right leg. I fought it, no way was I going down, not this easy. The man fired another round, which struck my chest and bounced off. I pushed forward. It was impossible to walk on my shattered leg, but he wasn't going to get away. The man fired another shot, ripping my back left leg clean off and sending me to the ground.