Together Again

When I woke, I was in a white room. It wasn't that bright, only lit by the moon coming in through the window. It was high in the sky, telling me it was close to midnight, maybe a quarter past. My vest and fatigues were gone, replaced by bandages and stitching. I was laying in one of those beds that were made for dragons and I had all kinds of wires attached to me. It reminded me of my final moments as a human at Charlie. I hoped that wasn't what was happening again. I was attempting together who had rescued me when Adelind and Tyson walked in. They both looked tired.

“I'd thought I'd lost you”, Adelind said through her tears.

I turned away, tears running down my face. I was ashamed of myself for nearly failing her and my kids.

“Excuse me Adelind”, A doctor said walking up, “so I can take the hose out.”

The doctor pulled the hose out of my throat and I coughed and gagged before looking my mate straight in her eyes.

“I thought you'd be furious with me”, I said through my tears.

“Why?”, Adelind asked kissing me on the forehead, “you said you'd come back, and you did.'

“Dad?”, Tyson asked laying beside me.

“Yes son?”, I asked in reply.

“Please...don't leave me.”

I smiled and pulled Tyson close to me, “I won't, I promise.”

“You know I'm going to beat your ass senseless after that shit right?”, Hudson asked with a crack in his voice as he, Issac and Wyatt walked in.

“You said you weren't gonna die again asshole”, Issac said.

“I look dead to you?”, I asked.

“Maybe a little bit”, Wyatt said smiling.

I turned to Adelind, “help me up?”

Adelind allowed me to use her as a crutch as we walked back to the room she'd been sleeping in. The kids were piled on top of each other and instantly woke up and piled on me when I walked in. I hugged them all as tightly as I could. I wasn't sure who was happier to see who.

“Dad your okay!”, Ace screamed.

I smiled and hugged them all tighter, “yeah, I am, I told you I'd be back.”

Dusk was crying, “please don't leave us.”

“I won't Dusk”, I said, “I promise you all.”

I lay down with the kids and they quickly buried themselves underneath me and fell back to sleep. I was close to sleep myself when I felt someone kick me.

“Who just kicked me?”, I asked.

“Tyro”, Adelind said, “the baby...she's coming.”

 Ace's POV

 Dad rushed us all out of the room as two of the Resistance doctors came running down the hall and entered our room. The four of us entered the room across from ours, which belonged to Mom's friend Taro. Taro was a high ranking Resistance fighter, Major or something I think he said. He was mostly black like Dusk with red underbelly scales like Helix. He didn't have any wings, which was a first for me. He claims he never had any to begin with, but Dusk says otherwise. He had four horns jutting out of the back of his head that were extremely sharp and slightly longer and wider than mine. When we walked in, he was laying on his bed reading.

“I didn't know we had a little sibling coming”, Dusk said.

“I'm gonna be a big sister!”, Helix shouted.