Night Out

The MYT rolled to a slow stop at light at a four way intersection at the base of a hotel, two small coffee shops and what looked like a convenience store. The traffic lights were bright neon and they reflected beautifully off the snow that was now coming down. I could see more than a few expensive looking cars sitting below us along with a few large pickups. The lights from the buildings and cars mixed with the dark sky and the snow making it like one of those pictures you'd find on Goggle.

“This is pretty”, Helix said as she curled by the air vent with her siblings for the heat.

“It is”, I replied, “I wish I had a camera.”

“I wish I was dressed warmer”, Adelind said through chattering teeth, “if I had known it was going to snow I would have brought my coat.”

I smiled and pulled her close to my side, “I believe I can fix your little problem.”

She smiled, “oh you do?”

“I do”, I replied returning her smile.

Adelind kissed my cheek as the truck gave a lurch and started forward again. We passed through an alley formed by several enormous sky scrapers that were set lit up like Christmas trees, nothing but yellow light pouring out of them. There were jets coming in for landings and more that were just leaving the airports. As the truck came to a stop, I turned to Adelind.

“Where are we gonna eat?”, I asked, “do we even know the names of any restaurants?”

Adelind snickered, “I don't, you?”

“Nope”, I replied, “huh, really didn't think this through.”

Adelind laughed.

“Whats so funny?”, I asked.

“What am I gonna do with you?”, Adelind asked.

“Mm, I can think of a few things you can do with me right now”, I replied kissing her.

She smiled and kissed me back. Soon after came Ace's gagging sounds and Dusk even pretended to die of horror.

“Personally I've always found your brother's fake death more amusing”, Adelind said as she flipped Dusk over, who some how managed to act like he was stiff and had been dead for days.

“Hear that dead thing?”, Ace said pawing at his brother, “my death is better.”

Dusk didn't reply.

“Maybe he really is dead”, Tyson said, “we should throw his body over the side of the truck and not say nothing to no one.”

“Where did they learn this stuff?”, Adelind asked leaning against me.

“Sozenn”, I replied, “ well, most of them, I can guess where Tyson picked it up”, I leaned down to them, “if you gotta get rid of the body, make sure you cover your paws first and then burn it to erase all ties back to you.”

“Good idea Dad”, Ace said puffing a bit of smoke.

“Wait I'm still alive!”, Dusk said jumping up.

I laughed, “welcome back to the living son.”

“Stop encouraging them”, Adelind said.

I laughed, “their boys, there gonna do it with our without me. Sozenn, Fireclaw and I used to play like this all the time.”

“There a bad influence on you”, she said laughing.

“Well, Sozenn is”, I replied, “Fireclaw is decent.”