Turn Of Events-Part 2

I struggled and fought the dragons and the seals the whole way back to the detention block. But..I knew it was pointless. After what had just happened topside, I had little to look forward to other than a needle full of Cyanide. I'd almost certainly be put down after what had just happened and I was shuttering with the thought of being killed. What would happen to Adelind and my cubs? Would Adelind be able to go it alone? Ator, Val, Sozenn, Fireclaw, Syralth and Rolland were almost certainly gong to be put to death right along with me. What would happen to their mates? Their kids?

Still fighting me, the Seals threw me into a cell and chained me down.

“Stupid fucking traitor”, one spat, “I'd kill him right here if I wouldn't be court marshaled.”

I swung my head and shattered his leg, sending him to his back writhing with pain. The other seal responded by stomping on my snout, cracking a few of my fangs. He scoped up his friend and left my cell. I lay my head between my paws and began to think about my family. Adelind and the kids, I couldn't help but picture them as the truth bashed me over the head. I had failed. As a CO, as a friend, but worst of all, and a fact that would haunt me until my death, was the fact I'd failed as a mate and a father.

At that moment everything came out and I began to ball and I eventually cried myself to sleep. Morning came all too early. This was the last day of my life. That morning two humans and several dragons came for me. I laid there and waited for them to undo the chains from the wall. A that very second, I lept up and snapped one of the dragons necks like a chicken bone. Two others attempted to restrain me, but I tossed them against the wall, maybe I could still get out of this, maybe I had a chance.

One of the humans stuck me with something and I collapsed, unable to even move my eyes.

“Stupid dragon”, the human said, “they never learn. We are your masters, you obey.”

The remaining dragons dragged me with human aid down the hall to a door that was marked infirmary, expect I wasn't here so I lived. The door swung open. I could see Ator, Val, Sozenn, Fireclaw, Rolland and Syralth chained to tables with hoses stuffed down their throats. All of them were crying from fear, I could see, like me, that they were to numb to fight. The dragons lifted me onto a table and chained me down as the doctor tried to pry my mouth open. Good luck, try to dug up a mountain with a spoon. They shot me with something else and the doctor shoved the hose down my throat and tapped my muzzle shut.

“We ready to proceed?”, one of the doctors asked.

The other nodded, “yep, let these traitors have their reward.”

The first doctor looked at us and smiled sickly, “you should have died when we told you to the first time.”

The doctor pressed a button and a loud hum filled the room. The toxic smell of Chlorinated Cyanide filled my nose and I began to taste the disgusting vapor coming.

“Adelind”, I thought closing my eyes, “I failed you, please...forgive me.”