Backstories

Later that night, Adelind and I scoped up the kids and went to the mess hall. On the way there, I told her what had happened with Val and she was horrified.

“Is he okay?”, she asked.

“Yeah”, I replied, “he's shaken pretty badly, but Vez seems to have a thing for him, so I'm sure he'll be fine.”

We met Rolland and the others in front of the mess hall. Val was looking a lot better than he did. His scales weren’t that sickly pale blue that they were during fire practice, now being a deep, solid blue that mixed perfectly with his white markings.

“Hey Val”, Adelind said, “Tyro told me what happened, if I can help, just say so.”

“I was shaken”, Val said, “but Tyro and Rolland calmed me down, I'll be fine.”

“It's nice to have another female to talk to”, Vez said, “I've spent the last five months as the only female in a 200 dragon class. Ugh, so many hits.”

“Boys are such nightmares”, Adelind said laughing, “I know, I have three sons.”

Adelind looked at me and nuzzled me, “but he is a good one.”

I blushed.

“Enough yammer!”, Tyson squealed, “let's go eat!”

I picked up Tyson by his tail and we entered the mess hall. It was filled with good smelling smells and was alive with chatter, human and dragon alike. We took our usual corner and waited for the chef's to bring us our food. As we sat waiting, Hudson, Issac and Wyatt arrived.

“Hey guys”, Issac said, “mind if we dine with you tonight?”

“Your not reptiles”, Rolland said, “but okay.”

“Watch yourself Captain”, Hudson said, “I may be human, but you know as well as I do that I can still drop kick your ass.”

Rolland smirked, “I'll get you one of these days old man.”

“Doubtful”, Hudson said as he sat down next to us and reached out to pet Tyson, who purred contently.

“Your Dad treats you all well right?”, Hudson asked, “because if he didn't, I'd have to kill him.”

“Just try it old man”, I said laughing, “and for your information, my mate and kids are my life, I could never do anything to hurt them.”

Hudson laughed, “you and me both brother.”

Hudson shut up as the cooks brought us our food. It's steamy, spicy scent filled my nose and made my mouth water. I placed a slab of it between my paws and ripped a piece of it off. Like at home, it melted in my mouth so much I almost didn't have to chew it, but I did anyways.

“This is really good”, Tyson said, “so much better than what they fed me in the Ring.”

“Ring?”, Ator asked licking his snout, “what ring?”

“A fighting ring in Russia”, Tyson sated, “they didn't really fight me, but Razorback used me as a play thing, biting, clawing, fire, just doing anything she could to inflict as much pain as she could.”

Ator looked shocked, “how old are you?”

“Maybe a year”, Tyson said, “I keep forgetting, too much head trauma, I do remember that they killed my parents shortly after I was born. My Mom and Dad were both Veteran fighters and after I was born, they were forced to fight each other. They refused to attack one another...so the guards killed them.”

Tyson started to cry and I pulled him close to my side.

“That sucks what he went through”, Ator said shaking his head, “I got nabbed about six months ago while I was out playing with my little brother, I wonder if he ever made it back...or if our parents have missed us yet?”