Going In Hot

The Chinook touched down behind a thick brush on a hillside aways off from the hours to avoid being seen. The hatch fell and the cold, winter air rushed it. It would be snowing soon. Rolland was the first to step off the chopper and he took a big sniff of the air before smiling wildly.

“It's been far too long since I been in the field”, he said.

I gathered my team in a clearing and laid out a map of the house.

“There are multiple ways to approach the house”, I began, “Rolland, you go with Val and Wyatt and provide over watch, you stay low and move only if you have too. Vez, I want you with and Logan, support us, but only lay down suppressive fire if you need to. Trent, I want you with Issac and Hudson and Ator your with me. Vez you'll approach the front of the house, Trent, the East wing and Ator and I have got the West, let's go, keep low.”

As we split into teams and moved on the house, Shadow's voice came over the coms.

“Were coming on the bank now Tyro”, he said, “what you guys got in Russia?”

“Were starting our attack now”, I replied, I heard the Southern accent come back on, even Tacoma was in the South, so I wasn't sure why I was surprised

“Rodger that Raven”, Shadow said, “we'll contact you if we find anything, Talon over and out.”

I shut off my coms as Ator and I climbed up on a ledge to overview the house. I counted six guys in red camouflage patterned uniforms. They were carrying AKM rifles and armed with some kind of cloaking systems. I watched as one of them disappeared.

“Team one is in position”, I said, “Teams Two and Three, enemy is in possession of cloaking equipment, advise.”

“Team Two in position”, Vez called, “advise all.”

“Team Three in position”, Trent said, “advise all.”

“Sniper Team in position”, Wyatt said, “advise all.”

“Count three hostiles”, Logan said, “well armed and uniformed, possible Spetsnaz or KGB.”

“We got six back here. All teams be ready to move on my kill”, I whispered as I reached for a EMP, “an EMP grenade will fry their cloaking systems.”

I pulled the pin and tossed it. The enemy saw it land, but not before it was too late. The grenade went off and two more people materialized. I let off a round from the 105. It smashed into a van and sent it high into the air. As soon as the round dropped, we pushed. Fire from Rolland and Val's weapons echoed out across the chilly, grey cloud covered landscape.

The sniper fire and Ator's Dillon made short work of the six men who were guarding the house. Ator and I stacked up on the door, me on the right, him on the left.

“Team 1 is in position”, I called, “ready for entry.”

“Team 2 in position”, Vez called, “ready to go.”

“Team three in position”, Trent called, “ready for action.”

“How you wanna enter brother?”, Ator asked, “I got det tape, Stem-Tex and hanger frags.”

“Teams two and three, breach and clear on my order.”

“Stick some det tape to this door”, I said.

Ator pulled the roll of explosive tape from his vest and applied it to edges of the door, using more than he should have. He liked to see things explode so again, I didn't know for sure why I was surprised.

“Teams 2 and 3, advise.”

“Charge set”, Logan called.

“Charge ready”, Trent said.