Kidnapped

I woke the next morning to the sun shining brightly into my den. Adelind was fast asleep by my side and the kids were sprawled in the back of the den, worn out from the day Fireclaw had given them yesterday. Ace was sleeping in his armor, and would be woken up when he fell off the edge of the rocks he slept on. Dusk and Helix were sleeping on top of each other with side smiles covering their muzzles. They were happy, which met I was too. I looked down at my slumbering mate and nuzzled her awake, she woke with a yawn and smiled when she saw me.

"Morning my boy",she said softly,"did you sleep well?"

"Of course I did",I replied licking her cheek,"you were right next to me."

Adelind smiled and returned my lick. The cold was drifting it's way into our den and I could feel my body tense with it, so I lit the fire. Our fireplace was a little more than a hole in the rock of our cave with rocks surrounding it. I placed my ear against my mate's abdomen and could hear the baby moving around inside of her, I could even her our unborn daughter making small noises.

"That's simply amazing",I said

Adelind nuzzled me,"it sure is."

"Do you think she can hear us?",I asked curiously,"do you think she knows were her parents?"

Adelind smiled and licked me across my snout,"course she does."

Adelind dragged a large slab of meat from last night out from a salt pack in the back of our den and placed it over the fire to roast. The second it hit the fire, it let off a loud crack, followed by a sizzle and soon a mouth watering smell began to fill our den. Slowly but surely, it drifted into the back of the den. I heard two sniffs and then a thud. Ace had woken up and fallen of his rock.

"Food?", Ace asked sniffing the air.

"Breakfast honey",Adelind said walking up to him,"take this off."

"I don't want to",Ace said batting his eyes and making a sad face,"it's cool."

"Well you can't eat with it on",Adelind said taking Ace's skull helmet off.

Ace playfully batted at his mother's face,"I am not bound by the laws of mere mortals such as I will dine as I please."

Adelind and Ace began a short play wrestling match before breaking into laughter, which woke Helix and Dusk, who began watching the match with their eyes unmoved.

"Well if you are all doing that",I said,"then I claim this slab of bison as my own."

 I had forgotten claiming food as your own was the greatest offense in my den, punishable by death.

 "Get your Dad!",Adelind laughed,"he has violated the most sacred of all codes!"

 Before I could even think of begging for mercy or running away, my kids and my mate had me pinned. I was staring into four sets of blue and green eyes and a mass of scaled bodies that wanted nothing more than my absolute destruction.

 It was too much.

 All of us broke out laughing and Adelind and I pulled the kids in close to us. We ate breakfast huddled around the fire to counteract the chill. We were mountain dragons, which met we liked it very cold or very hot, but even we had our breaking points. This was one of those rare days. As we lay huddled around he fire, I heard rustling outside the den.

 "I bet that's either Sozenn or Fireclaw",Ace said.

 "Probably Fireclaw",Dusk said.

 "I'll go see",I said standing up.

 As I walked towards the front of our den, something whizzed past me and struck Ace, who let out a loud yelp.

 'What the heck?",he yelped.

 I ran from the entrance of the den over to my son. Stuck in his shoulder, was a small dart. It's vial was empty, telling me my son had been drugged. I could see his eyes starting to fall shut. Two more darts whizzed into the den, striking Helix and Dusk in their necks.

 "No",it came out as a whisper.

 Adelind and I turned to face our attackers, fangs bared and claws out. I couldn't see where the darts had come from but I did know that there were at least two humans outside that were attacking us. Probably more. More darts whizzed in. Adelind and I dodged two of them, only to be hit by three more. Two in my neck and one in Adelind's abdomen.

 "No",I wanted to roar, to spew a jet of flame outside my den and roast the humans like the cowards they were, but all I could manage was a horrified whisper,"no, no, no, no, not her, not her. Anything but that!"

 More darts flew into the den, striking me in the chest. Whatever was in the darts was already taking hold on my system and I was wobbling on my legs. These human's had no intention of entering while I was capable of facing them. More darts struck me in the neck and unable to fight off the effects of the medicine any longer, I collapsed. I was unable to move anything but my eyes and ears. I was completely paralyzed. Four human males entered. They were dressed from head to toe in black clothes, looking like soldiers.

 "Wow",one said inspecting me,"when boss said he was a big one she wasn't kidding around."

 "No shit",another human answered,"were gonna need the crane to move him. How much she say he weighed? What fifty thousand pounds?"

 'Thcc",a third man answered,"try sixty thousand."

 The last thing I saw was the man's boot crashing down on my face.

I woke to a sharp cold on my sides. As my vision came back, I could see nothing but snow surrounding me. The three four males who had kidnapped us were standing in front of us, talking with a human female, their boss by my guess. She was dressed in all black, awkwardly skinny and had blonde hair as well as blue eyes.

 "This is what we found boss",one of the males said.

 The human female began looking me over,"I knew he was huge, but I didn't think he'd be this big. Maybe it's been too long since I've had Mountain Dragon's captured."

 "Yes mam",another male said,"some ten years I believe."

 The human kept looking us over.

 "Well he's got good muscle, horns are strong and his claws and teeth are razor sharp",she seemed to be smiling,"he'll make a good war dragon for sure, but let's keep this one for ourselves."

"And his mate?",another human asked.

"I'll use her to breed more Mountain Dragons",the female said,"they are not cheap and the Russian's pay real good money for them."

 "And his kids?"

 "Ehh",the female said,"when I think of something,I'll let Butcher know."

"If I may so say",A human said,"his mate is pregnant, to far to abort."

"Well when she lays her egg",the female said,"crush it, if it's a live birth, kill the baby, keep it as a pet, make it into a wallet, I don't really give a damn. As long as it dosen't interfere with our plans."

 "Yes mam!",The human males answered at once.

 "Get them into implant and then get them into a cage, Razorback is itching to fight the male and the sooner he's recovered, the better."

I shifted my glance from the human just in time to be knocked out again.