Syralth and Tesselth

Taro took a swat at Raven later that day and put us trough a crash course on Resistance basic. It reminded me way too much of Class Two training. The course he was having us run consisted of clearing a six hundred yard dash in a minute or less, while navigating barbed wire, live landmines, rigged walls and machine guns manned by people who were actively trying to kill us, or at least it seemed like that. I, along with my friends from Old Raven, had cleared the course well with in the time, the others hadn't. The first one done was Val.

“You failed”, Taro snarled, “a minute and fifty seconds, if this was real life you'd all be dead. RUN IT AGAIN!”

Hudson and the others groaned as Taro ordered us to return to the starting line.

“You guys really suck ass”, Hudson said, “that was one of the easiest courses I've ever run.”

“Your full of shit too”, Val said, he lifted his wing to reveal a bloodshot area, “look at this. This shit doesn't affect YOU.”

“Yes it does”, Hudson replied, “were human Val, bullets were invented with the sole purpose of killing us.”

Val, realizing his argument was invalid, let a low snarl roll out of his throat and then hushed up. As we returned to the starting line, I caught a whiff of blood. It was faint, but there.

“Wait”, I said as Taro was about to give the go ahead, “does anyone else smell that?”

“Val's blood?”, Taro asked, “we can all smell it Major.”

“No”, I said, “it's too faint to be his, plus it doesn't match his scent.”

Taro sniffed the air, “I smell it now...where the hell is it coming from?”

Now all of us were sniffing, trying to find the source of the scent. It was getting stronger and stronger with every passing second. Then, right outta nowhere, there was a loud, pleading yelp.

“Somebody please help me!”

We turned to see an Anthro running up to us. He was about seven feet tall with brown scales and a tan underbelly. He was dressed in riot armor and had a scoped M14 hanging off his back. He was also carrying another Anthro in his arms. She had been mangled so badly that I felt like I was going to throw up. Her stomach had been carved open and her insides were hanging out. I was amazed she was still alive. For whatever the reason, it looked like she was covered in teeth marks.

“Help her”, the male cried, “she's going to die...I can't lose her.”

“Val help me”, I said.

Carefully as we could, we eased the Anthro onto my back and then I made a made dash for the infirmary. Trent was there waiting for us with a stretcher. He started an IV and wheeled her into emergency surgery. The male, who I'd now realized was her mate, was chewing his claws out. Did I blame him? Not in the least.

“You gonna be okay bro?”, I asked,

He didn't answer.

“Look”, I said, “at least tell me what your name is.”

“Syralth”, the Anthro stated, “the female is my mate Tesselth.”

“How long have you two been mates?”, I asked.

He shrugged, “since we were old enough..16 and 15 I think?”

I whistled, “longer than I have. Look at me.”

He faced me, his bright silver eyes were full of worry.

“Calm yourself down, worrying won't save her.”