Rescue

The fly upriver took about a minute and a half. I was sitting on the edge of the chopper with my 48 primed and ready. Emelia was gilding beside us and Frank and Issac were beside me.

"Coming on the convoy now",Hudson said.

I looked out the side of the helicopter and saw a large,old looking fishing barge accompanied by several gunboats.

"The barge matches Dakarai's Intel!",Issac shouted,"Wyatt is probably on board!"

"We gotta get close!",I shouted over the chopper's engines,"bring us alongside Hudson!"

All at once,gunfire rang out from the barge. The bullets from it and the gunboats were bouncing off of the Seahwak's metal sides.

"Wyatt's gotta be on borad!",Issac shouted as we fired back.

"Get us in close Hudson!",I shouted over the gunfire.

Hudson began lowering in the chopper, as he did, I spotted a man with a TOW missile trained right at us. I trained my weapon at him, but did so all to late. The man let the missile go and not a second later it slammed into the tail end of our Seahawk, sending us into a tail spin.

"Shit!",Hudson shouted,"everybody jump!"

I slung my 48 over my shoulder and leaped from the chopper,rolling into the side of a shipping container as I did.

"JOHN!",Issac yelled,"look out!"

I flipped over to see a man with a machete charging me with it held high. I acted quickly. As he swung the blade,I grabbed his had and threw a punch into his face,the impact of which made him reel. I then pryed the blade from his hand and swung it at his neck. It landed with a cracking noise,telling me I'd snapped his spine. His body went limp. I shoved his body aside and stood,placing my back to the doors of the shipping container for cover from the hail of FAL fire coming from the ships bridge as Hudson,Issac and Frank climbed aboard. I quickly glanced out from cover and did a count of the hostiles on the bridge,I could see twelve  guys armed mostly with the RPD light machine gun.

"I count twelve hostiles with RPDs!",I shouted over the gunfire,"use grenades if you've got them!"

I let my rifle fall to my side and pulled a grenade from my kit. I pulled the pin and let the safety click off before blindly throwing it from behind the shippingcontainer. I went off and all I could hear one of the men yelling.

"Kill their leader!"

Pipe bombs began landing right at my feet,seeing them laying there with such short,lit fuses was scary.

"Holy crap!",I squealed as I moved out of the way.

The pipe bombs went off and I nearly lost my weapon in the process. As I recovered,Hudson shouted.

"John,multiple contacts coming outta the engine room!"

"Put the bastards down!",I shouted in reply.

Four cracks left Hudson's FAL and four bodies hit the ground.

"Clear left!",Hudson called.

"Clear right!",I replied.

"Engine room is clear",Issac said walking from the engine room with a bag,"and look at what I found."

He set the bag on a crate and opened it up. Inside was Wyatt's rifle and uniform,everything was accounted for. I turned around and began staring daggers as the crate and for the first time,noticed the damn thing had putrid odor to it.

"Bet I know where those screws were keeping Wyatt",I snapped my fingers and pointed to the box,"open it Hudson."

Hudson walked up to the box and took the padlock in his hand. It was a brand new,Brinks hardened steel padlock and Hudson simply scoffed at it before crushing it like he was snapping a toothpick.