Letters

It was over the next few days that Mark healed up. He didn't stop telling me thank you for at least a week, it got somewhat annoying, but I could see why he was happy. Also over that week, Nina grew fiercely protective of the egg. The only ones who she let near it were me, Shadow and Adelind while the only human was Hudson. Anyone else got snarled at or in Sozenn's case, bitten. Sozenn had come a little to close with out realizing it and Nina chomped on his tail, cracking it pretty badly. She wasn't aiming to kill, but Sozenn said otherwise.

One morning, we met each other for breakfast at the usual spot. Adelind was talking with Vez, who was quickly approaching her due date, so I could guess about what, Hunter and Syralth were playing cards while everyone else was just sitting around. I had slept in late and woken up that morning surprisingly happy. I felt like I should still be depressed over the hatchery, everyone knew that Mark was, we'd seen him night after night inspecting the hatchery and crying to himself. But for some reason, I wasn't, I guessed that it was saving Mark from Shadow and patching their friendship that had knocked a lot of it out.

“Well good morning sleepy head”, Adelind said, “did you sleep well?”

“Yes”, I replied licking her, “did you?”

She blushed. I took my usual seat as Mark walked in. He still had a bit of a limp from the way Shadow had messed up his paw, but it was getting better everyday.

“Sorry I'm late guys”, he said, “I was at the vet getting my paw looked at.”

“Is it healing okay?”, Nina asked.

“Oh yeah”, Mark replied, “I mean it still hurts, but it's feeling a lot better.”

Mark sat down and we ordered. After breakfast we went our separate ways while Adelind and I headed for the hot springs. One the way there, Taro came and got us.

“There's a courier waiting for you”, Taro said, “she won't say where she's from, just that she wants to talk with you.”

Adelind and I followed Taro back to the command center. There was a light blue female Drake sitting in the back with tan fatigues and a flag sewn onto her clothes. There was also a small leather bag on her side.

“Your Tyro Serelath right?”, she asked.

“Yeah”, I said, “you needed to speak with me?”

“I have a letter for you from General Nolan Xavier Scott”, she said handing me an envelope, “read the letter, there's a V99 on it's way, let them know, you'll understand once you read.”

Before I could ask any questions, she bolted out the door.

“What was that all about?”, Adelind asked

“Let's find out”, I said opening the letter, it read.

Dear Major Tyro Kyloth Serelath.

I'll keep introductions short. My name is Nolan Xavier Scott. I am a high ranking General in the Draconian Resistance and the current President of the Republic Of Romeo. I am writing this letter to inform you that I would be very pleased to have your and your team, Raven, under my command and living within my countries borders. Should you accept my invitation, you are allowed to bring your mate Adelind and your cubs, as well as your team and friends from Talon Squad. I have dispatched a V99 ES40 from Romeo to Delta Headquarters. Please inform the pilots on weather or not you have accepted my offer. I suspect the V99 will enter your airspace within two and a half hours of my courier handing you this letter. I look forward to meeting you in person Major.

Sincerely, General Nolan Xavier Scott.

“Well Taro did say the founded their own country”, Adelind said.