A Matter Of Taste

"I'm tracking someone", I told him, "a traitor, but he's in hiding and I need to flush him out. So how do I find a dog that doesn't want to be found?"

"It's simple really", Andrews replied, "to find a dog that doesn't want to be found, you throw it a bone and wait."

"Sounds easy enough", I replied.

"It's never that easy", Andrews said, "I've hunted my fair share of dogs that didn't want to be found, you need to consider the bait your using as well as the trap. You can only bring as big a trap as you can conceal. When it comes to bait though, too little and he won't be interested, too much and he might suspect something. Then there is the dogs taste."

"Taste?", Hudson asked.

Andrews nodded, "some dogs might turn their nose up at a chicken bone, while others will try to swallow it whole. Some will go for a turkey bone and others, ham. It's a matter of taste more than anything else. You have to get the kind of bait right as well as the portion. Lung for instance, might favor your friend Shadow over you, but give him Shadow AND Nina and he might think something's up."

The words hit like a bucket of ice. Sozenn and Hudson shot me confused looks.

"How did you...", I started to ask but Andrews stopped me.

"I do my homework Major", he stated, "I know all about Lung Wei's little betrayal. I figured you were Raven Squad when you handed me those tags. Why the hell do you think I'm even cooperating?"

I sighed, not sure what to think.

"The Higher Ups at Draco have serious beef with Talon", Andrews said, "trust me, I used to be in that squad, there scared of us and jumped at every chance to kill us that they had, but here I am, still breathing. Trust me when I say that if you hand Shadow to them, they'll pounce like a rabid dog and snap goes your little trap."

"That could work", Hudson said, "it's crazy, but it just might work."

Andrews nodded, "tell Shadow Andrews said hi and Major, tell your old man that he still owes me money."

Andrews turned to leave as the door flung open and six men came charging in. Before we could even move, Andrews threw himself into the pile, knocking them down.

"Get out of here!", he shouted, "this place is about to come down on you!"

Without taking time to do anything else, we jumped back through the hole in the wall and climbed back down to the hallway, taking off for a window at the end as I opened up the coms to Greyson.

"Greyson!", I shouted, "get that 22 in the air! We've been compromised!"

"I'm picking up all kinds of radio chatter", Greyson shouted, "I'll be at the Exfill point in ten minutes, you got till then or I leave you behind."

"Got ya!", I answered, "ten minutes and not a second more."

The window at the end of the hallway led out to more scaffolding that led back to the court yard where there was a mass of Rebels gathered and there were even a few tanks rolling in. We didn't have the time, or the fire power to go through them, which met that we were flying to Rally Point Bravo.

"Looks like were flying out", Hudson said as he activated his wingsuit.

"Looks like", I said jumping out of the window and snapping my wings open, "detonate the C4!"

Sozenn and Hudson followed me out as the C4 went off, sending a few areas of the castle up in a ball of fire. Adding to the chaos below us were the many tanks that were now rolling into the court yard.