Hudson

Operator: Hudson James Weaver
Location: Undisclosed Location, Siberia
Time: 0200 Hours
Target: Objective Talon
Hudson's POV

Our pickup pulled to a stop a ways away from the ring. From the driver's seat I could see the large dome like structure from the lights it was putting off. It was crawling with guards, I could make out a few machine gun nests an a couple of Juggernauts.

“This is not gonna go over well”, Issac said from the backseat.

 “Let's get it over with”, I said opening the truck's door. The freezing Serbian air caught me by surprise and bit through my thin clothing and made my hair stand on end.

 “Whose bright idea was it to dress in this shit?”, I asked.

 “Command's”, Wyatt replied, “cold much?”

 “How the hell are you not freezing?”, I asked miserably.

 “I grew up in Alaska”, Wyatt replied, “I'm used to it, John called me an Ice Cube for a reason ya know.”

 “What the the hell ever”, I replied, “let's get to work, Issac what's the mission here? The quicker were done and gone the better.”

 “To find and recover a dragon named Tyro”, Issac said dropping the tail gate on my pick up, “were also to rescue his mate and kids if we can, but he takes priority.”

 “Before Emelia I never would have imagined dragon's existed”, Wyatt said.

 I sighed. Emelia had disappeared shortly after John died and had left holes in our hearts, she had left without saying goodbye too. I missed her. On that day Raven squad was ripped into shreds. John's death had taken much of the will to fight out of us, but the final blow was Emelia's disappearance. We've continued to solider since that fateful day, hoping our friend would return to us. Twenty nine years later, her combat file reads “missing”.

 Issac sighed, “Can't get her outta your head either?”

 “Nah”, Wyatt said, “she saved our lives that day, then she just disappears, without even saying goodbye?”

 “Can't be helped”,Issac said pulling his sniper rifle, a Remington 700 USR out of a duffel bag, “let's just focus on here and now.”

 “What's our equipment?”, Wyatt asked.

 “AAC Honey Badgers with thermal sights, foregrips and extended magazines”, Issac said, “our secondary’s consist of our B32Rs with suppressors, laser sights and automatic modification.”

 “And some weird as hell ammo”, Wyatt said, “remember this shit?”

I leaned in. Issac was right. The .300 Blackout and 9mm ammunition was tipped with a needle. We'd found a large cache of the stuff years ago in Iran, but command never figured out what it was for.

 “Let's not worry about it”, Issac said, “let's run our recon and get in there.”

 Issac and I walked to a ridge and lay prone. Through thermal binoculars, I could see more heat signatures than I cared to count and one massive glowing dome behind the main arena. I guessed that it must be the cages where they kept the dragons. If it was then chances were good that's where Tyro and his family were.

 “Large heat signature Issac”, I said, “three o'clock.”

 Issac trained his rifle on the dome, “Target identified, let's get inside.”

 We hopped back in the truck and retraced our route from the ridge down to the ring's parking lot. The parking lot was full of expensive cars from Hennessy Venom's to Bugatti Veyron's to SSC Ultimate Areo's.