Range Day

When we got back to Romeo, the first thing I did was step back into whatever the chamber was called and return to dragon form. Jackson seemed top be impressed, amazed and horrified all at the same time and quite frankly I didn't blame him. The next morning I was up early. My entire body ached and was tense from the day before and the fact that the room was icy cold wasn't helping.

“Morning my boy”, Adelind said licking me, “did you sleep well?”

I moaned, “not really. I hurt everywhere.”

“It will go away”, Adelind said shoving her head under mine.

I looked over in the corner. Ace was the only one still asleep, Dusk was reading and Helix, Tyson and Kayel were watching TV.

“There finally quiet”, I said closing my eyes.

“Don't jinx it”, Adelind said, “as soon as you think that they understand it they'll go crazy.”

“They'll have all day to go crazy”, I said.

“They will too”, Adelind said.

I laughed, “yeah, your probably right. Is anyone else up yet?”

“Hudson and Jackson came by earlier”, Adelind said, “I told them I'd tell you when you woke up.”

“Well then I gotta go”, I said stretching and standing, “I'll meet you and the kids for lunch.”

I kissed Adelind and then showered off before heading down to the armory where Jackson and Hudson were hanging around Issac, who had a Nintendo DS in his hand.

“Hey guys”, I said, “what you doing?”

“Trying to beat Carnage in Ultimate Spider-man”, Hudson said, “we've been stuck on his fight for months. The game's so old we can't find a walk-through.”

“I'm telling you”, Jayden said, “you gotta jump up on the ceiling after you knock him down. Once he does the tentacle thing, you jump back down and beat on him.”

“You can worry about that later”, I said, “today is all about overhauling the team. New uniforms, weapons, everything.”

Issac closed his DS, “so what's first on the hit list boss?”

“Uniforms”, I replied, “which means we all need to be fitted. Think you and Hudson can round up everyone?”

“Can do”, Hudson said.

He and Issac left and I turned to Jackson, “I really liked the way you had everything set up. Who were you working for?”

“Romeo's ISA”, Jackson said, “it's comfortable and durable too. The people that make 'em are actually just a short walk away from here.”

“Well then that's our first target”, I replied, “how long do they take to make their stuff?”

“My uniform and carrier took about six hours”, Jackson said, “but it was handmade by one person.”

“So we could have all of ours back today?”, I asked.

“I wouldn't get hopes up”, Jackson said, “but yeah it's possible.”

Jack and I kept talking as Hudson rounded up the others. Once we were all together, Jackie led us down to the a large, white warehouse type building with a billboard that read “River Valley Tactical”. Inside was a small, carpeted room with a display case that held various styles and colors of ammunition, suppressor, NV, gas-mask and catch all pouches while uniforms in configurations ranging from Arctic to Desert lined the back wall. There was a male Anthro at the counter.