Romeo Headquarters

Everyone slept in late the next day. When I woke up, it was only because the kids were being loud, as they usually were.

“Morning my boy”, Adelind said nuzzling me.

“Good morning as well”, I said returning her nuzzle, “I see the kids are being loud.”

“When aren't they loud?”, Adelind replied with a laugh.

“That would be when...never”, I replied, “they even snore like car horns.”

“Speaking of”, Adelind said, “there was a lot of that last night, I felt like I was back in Tacoma with the hue of the light and sound form the city.”

“You too?”, Sozenn asked walking in.

“There's a great new thing called knocking”, Adelind laughed, “maybe try it sometime Sozenn.”

He laughed, “you and I would have been great together.”

“Get real”, Adelind said, “tan does not go good with green.”

Sozenn laughed, “okay, you got me by the tail on that one, Nolan stopped by earlier, wants us outside.”

I nodded as Sozenn left. We gathered up our kids and walked outside, the others were laying in the grass doing various things. Mark was wiping the floor with Shadow and Nina at poker, Syralth and Hunter were sunning themselves and the others were just hanging out. Adelind and I lay down next to Shadow Nina and Mark to give Mark pointers. Mark smiled and handed down a Royal Flush.

“Damn”, Nina said, “there goes all my cash.”

“Mine too”, Shadow said, “it didn't help that Tyro and Adelind were helping Mark.”

“I had a Royal Flush”, Mark laughed, “help or not I still would have won, hey, here comes Nolan.”

We turned around to see Nolan coming up the hill with a blue dragon who was like a clone of Mark in features, but was blue and had wings, I guessed he must be Nolan's second in command.

“I'd like to be the very first to say to you guys that I am truly honored that you accepted my invitation”, Nolan said, “this is the most free country in the world, but we still have laws, there simple, humans, don't steal, start fights, kill anyone or cause traffic problems, dragons, keep clean, your cubs in check and don't burn shit down, also, one, no flying on missions unless you have to. Before you ask 'd rather have you alive and full of holes than blow into blue paste by an enemy SAM turret and two, keep your kids in check, they start trouble, your fault.”

There was a light laugh, Nolan smiled, “that's basicly the bulk of our laws, your learn them in more detail the longer you stay. Now dragons, Nessenth here needs some things from you and then you have the day to explore the base and surrounding city, oh and Ness?”

“Yeah?”, the blue dragon asked.

“Don't be an ass, understand?”

The blue dragon sighed, “yes Dad.”

Nolan smiled, gave hi a pat and left.

“You have a human father?”, Mark asked, “how'd that work out?”

There was a light snicker on the parts of Taro, Sozenn and Fireclaw.

“He found my egg”, Ness replied, “I never knew my birth parents, but since he's always been there for me, he's basicly my Dad.”

“So what did you need from us?”, Nina asked.

“Baths”, Ness said, “shots, check-ups, that sort of thing, follow me.”