Two Brothers

I didn't get that much sleep that night. Most of that time was occupied by trying to figure out how I was going to set a trap for Lung and be able to spring it without getting my friend killed. When I did finally manage to get to sleep, it was nearly 5 in the morning. When I woke up again, it was morning. Adelind was sleeping soundly against me and had her tail coiled around mine. I sighed and pulled her tightly against me, waking her up in the process.

"I can tell something's wrong", Adelind said, "what's the matter?"

"Trying to figure out how I can set a trap for Lung without getting Shadow killed in the process", I answered, "so far..I can't."

"Is there another way?", she asked.

I sighed, "If there is, I haven't found it. I assume that Nolan's trying to figure something out but..."

Adelind didn't answer and lay her head on my chest. We lay in bed for a few more minutes before getting up and dressing. Adelind woke the kids while I started breakfast.

"Pancakes?", Ace asked sniffing the air.

"Yup", I answered, "and bacon,"

"Baaaaaacccoooonnnn", Tyson drooled, acting as if he were a zombie, "must...consume...bacon."

"No!", Ace said, "Helix, there's a zombie in the house again!"

"Not the zombie!", Helix said picking up a pillow, "gimme that shovel! Die zombie!"

Helix smacked Tyson with the pillow. He fell to his side and quickly rose back up, turning around and lumbering towards her.

"Acck!", she said, "hitting them makes them stronger!"

"Shoot it then!", Ace said grabbing up his fake vest.

Helix snatched her's up, but Tyson had a hold of her before she could strap it on and bit her. She shook for a minute and then turned to look at Ace, rolling her eyes so she looked like she had been dead for a while.

"Oh for crying out loud!", Ace said tossing Dusk the vest, who simply put on the head band and tossed it on his back, managing to get off two lethal, well placed foam darts that took down Helix, but only phased Tyson.

"Baaaaaacccoooonnnn!", Tyson moaned, "must....eat!"

Tyson turned on Dusk, Ace then proceeded to shot Tyson with six darts that impacted his neck and head. Tyson wobbled and fell over, his tongue hanging out of his muzzle.

"There getting stronger", Dusk said, "which means we'll need bigger guns."

I pulled a strip of the bacon from the pan, "I understand edibles can be used as currency."

Dusk and Ace looked at it longingly, there tails swaying and their mouths dripping.

"Stop torturing them", Adelind said smiling at me, "and me to. Is it ready?"

I laughed, "yeah, it's ready."

As if it were their turn for the TV, Tyson and Helix were back from the undead and seated at the table. I plated the pancakes and the bacon and set it around the table while Adelind pulled out the plates. She set them around the table as I gathered the syrup and the milk. I placed them at the table and sat down as the kids began fighting each other over the bacon, leading Adelind to divide evenly to everyone. I was in the middle of the first bite of my pancake when I heard a knock on the door.

"Tyro", Shadow called, "you awake man?"

I sighed, "yeah it's open. Come in."

Shadow stepped inside, he was dressed in full combat load.