The Draconian Resistance

As I usually did, I woke up the next morning to Adelind nuzzling the side of my head. I wasn't sure why she liked to wake me up like that, but nonetheless I liked that she did.

“Good morning my boy”, she said softly, “did you sleep well?”

I smiled and returned her nuzzle, “I did, I had a dream about the day we met.”

Adelind smiled, “I remember, I was lost during a hunt.”

“Until that night”, I replied, “I'd never met a more pretty female. I also seem to remember you calling me cute?”

She blushed, “that never happened.”

“I think it did”, I replied, “I also seem to remember spending four weeks in that cave even though you said we'd go our separate ways in the morning.”

Adelind smiled and stood, “let's go eat.”

“Food?”, Ace yawned.

That was one way to wake the kids, just use the word eat and Ace would wake right up, no matter how out of it he was and the others would shortly follow him.

“Yes son”, I said laughing, “we were gonna sneak out and go eat.”

“How dare you”, Ace said, “face justice for you have broken the most sacred of all rules.”

“And what would that me my little judge?”, Adelind asked licking the back of Ace's neck.

“Dining without the rest of us”, Dusk yawned as he woke.

One by one, the rest of the kids woke up. I picked up Kayel and Adelind led us down the hall. I had to play the follow the leader game due to the coma I'd been in since we arrived. When we stepped outside, the smell of fresh air hit me. When I looked around, I was astounded. The area was practically a town. There were many colonial style buildings hidden in a valley that was surrounded by mountains. You couldn't see anything from the air due to the way the rock was formed. There were several tents set up in parallel lines and there was a four story, tan brick building that had a dragon symbol, surrounded by stars. There was grass on the ground and it was kinda spongy, reminding me of the grass at Tacoma. I felt safe and at home here. I was still admiring the place when Taro came walking up.

“Your mate finally go you on your paws I see”, Taro said grinning, “welcome to Delta Headquarters. Something else isn't it?”

“You got me there”, I said, “it's like nothing else.”

“Of course you didn't know”, Taro said, “but the Resistance actually started it's own country.”

“They did?”, Tyson asked.

“Yeah”, Taro said, “they weren't the Resistance when they did, but still we did.”

“How?”, I asked.

Taro opened his muzzle and then turned his head and saw Shadow coming.

“Oh shit”, Taro said, “gotta run, don't tell Shadow you talked to me, come to the Temple later and I'll explain.”

Before I could even open my mouth Taro was gone. That old man had gotten fast.

“Hey guys”, Shadow said, “who was that dragon?”

“An old friend”, I replied, which wasn't really a lie, “wanna join us for breakfast?”

“Sure”, Shadow said.

We all walked to the mess hall. It was a colonial style building that had metal pipes jutting out of the top that were lofting a light grey smoke that carried so many different aroma's I started drooling.