Settling In

When I woke up the next morning, Adelind was still out, kicking lightly in her sleep like Ace used to when he was little. I smiled and pulled her close to me, laying my head over her neck. The kids were still asleep,piled on top of one another and basicly out cold. The sun was shining in through the curtains and the room was chilled from the window unit and fan I had going on full blast.

I could see the hands on the clock approaching 11AM. Smiling at how late we'd slept in, I nudged Adelind awake. She looked around, seeming confused at first, but then smiled when she saw me.

“Morning my boy”, she said softly.

I smiled and licked her, “did you notice Ace is missing?”

She looked over at the pile of our kids and then looked back at me with curious eyes, “where is he?”

I smiled, “with his female no doubt.”

She smiled, “let's go eat.”

“Hmm?”, Tyson asked as he stirred, “food?”

The all powerful words, eat and food. Say them and you'll have the complete, undivided attention of any of my kids. We rounded them up and walked down to the mess hall where Emelia and he rest of Raven was waiting for us.

“Hey guys”, Emelia said, “how you liking Romeo?”

“Haven't really been here long enough to even form and opinion”, I laughed as I sat down, “ask my oldest, and he'll tell you he found a girlfriend the same day he moved here.”

Emelia laughed, “so that's what yesterday's fiasco was about. Jayden better get a girlfriend soon.”

“Whose Jayden?”, I asked.

“My son”, she replied, “he's 15.”

I smiled, “so you found a guy after all huh? Seesh, I remember that night in Vietnam you asked me if I thought there were others out there.”

She laughed, “I know. And by the way, his name's Tyranny.”

I smiled, “well done sister.”

She blushed as she sat down and the waiters brought us breakfast. Soon after we had started eating, a long, Chrome Blue Asian dragon hauled himself into the mess hall. He was maybe six feet tall and twenty four or so feet long. The insides of his wings were a light blue while the outsides were the deep blue the rest of him was. His eyes were a bright silver and he looked a lot like Emelia.

“Sweetie”, he asked nuzzling her, “who are these dragons.”

“Friends”, Emelia replied introducing the us.

“So your Tyro?”, he asked looking at me, “damn your huge.”

“I get that a lot”, I replied, “I take I as a complement now.”

He laughed, “I heard from my mate you weren't always a dragon?”

I sighed, “no, I'm HDR.”

“You don't have to go any further”, he said, “I know what that is.”

“How?”, I asked.

“I've dealt with them before”, Tyranny said, “let's just leave it at that.”

Tyranny sat down next to Emelia and started eating when a third Asian dragon walked in. This one was only four feet tall and ten feet long. His scales were a mix of blue and silver and his eyes wee blue with silver threaded into them. His face was pretty much one big bruise and there were claw gashes on his chest. Two other dragons were helping him walk when he called out.