Robin's Sickfic

-A thank you part for my favorite person on earth <33-

"Yep, 101.9, you're burning up." She set the thermostat down. "You better head home and get some rest."

"No," He croaked around his clogged nostril. "it's fine. B wanted me to get out of the house for a bit."

"Is he trying to commit biological warfare on happy harbor?" Dinah remarked humorlessly, rinsing the thermometer before putting it away. "We'll, consider this your doctors note to get back in the house for a bit."

"Nah, it's fine. I need to get some work done." 

"What would you need to do here that you can't do at home?"

He shrugged. "Stuff."

"What kind of stuff?"

"Just stuff." He smiled, disappearing around the doorway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well I know about Pie, and I know of graphs, but I don't know what pie has to do with graphs?"

"Pie graphs?" Dick slid onto the couch, sniffing hard. "So you take all of this data and you make it into portions, like slices of pie to represent how much the number is of the complete number." He analyzed her workbook with squinted, watery eyes under his mask.

"I don't know what that means." M'gann said. "Your voice sounds weird."

"I'm fine." He grabbed a dull pencil nub "You put the degrees on the chart, not the numbers. so it's fifteen divided by a hundred, times three-sixty. That's your degree. Then you just use a protractor."

"What's a pro-tractor?"

"I'll get one from my bag." He rubbed his mask in vein, unzipping his rain-splattered backpack. "So take your calculator, and put in one-four, and then the line-with-two-dots button, and then one hundred; one and two zeros, and then the equals button..."

"Okay..."

"and then the cross button, and put in 360. what do you have?

"three-six-zero-dot-one-four?" She asked.

"Yeah-- uh, what?" He straighten up with a wince. "The other cross button, sweetie. The times one, not the plus one."

"Oh."

"So, point-four-five times three-sixty, and the equals button..."

"Five-zero... fifty?" she asked

"Yeah, there you go. I think." He tried to read of the tiny screen. "Now just do that same thing with the other numbers. write it down first though. And how you solved it."

"Uh... how did I do that?" They asked quietly. "Sorry."

Robin groaned as he bent over. "Yeah, here, let me write it for you." He rested his eyes barely open and started scribbling, clearing his throat of phlegm a few more times until breathing was uncomfortable, but possible.

"Uh, Robin, I cant read that..."

"What?" He looked it over, usually neat small lettering reduced to chicken scratch. He closed his eyes for a second and cursed himself. "Sorry."

"Are you sure you're you know?" The Martian asked. "Cause, like, there's this episode of Hello Megan where Megan..."

"I'm okay." He snapped. "Sore throat. That's life."

"It is?"

He nodded, his voice too hoarse and painful to use unless necessary.

"Well, in the episode, Megan's friends made her hot tea and--"