Interview

-In which the team is interviewed by the infamous Lois Lane.-

Dick was beyond giddy, he'd talked to Lois in both his identities and loved her; she was sharp and intelligent and funny, and best of all, she could keep up with him. "Trust me guys, you'll love her."

Artemis was dubious of this claim, she didn't like being put on the spot, and as far as she could tell that was all the press did. She wouldn't have her words twisted against her.

Wally agreed with Dick, though. "Seriously, she's so cool." He insisted. "Be careful though, she's really smart."

Kaldur didn't doubt this, and in most circumstances he wouldn't mind seeing Ms. Lane. However, he was currently the lynchpin in a group who loved to go off script and cause problems. It was his job to keep their meddling to a minimum.

M'gann didn't think that deep about it, she was just excited to meet someone new. "We read one of her articles in socials, and it was really good, right superboy?"

Conner was overwhelmed. He didn't want to be interviewed, he'd much rather be at home with Wolf trying to tune out his thoughts.

"It'll be fine, she's on our side." Robin said. "I mean, she still has journalistic integrity, but generally she won't smear us."

"Generally?" Artemis asked, joining him on the couch.

"Well, sometimes she's mad at us and expresses herself with an opinion peice." He shrugged. "In all fairness, scandalous JL stories always sell well."

"Remember what Batman said," Kaldur told them. "We want this interview to be uninteresting, we don't want to give the world anything to pick apart or criticize."

Shortly after they arrived, the woman joined them, escorted into Hall of Justice. "Lois Lane, correspondent for The Daily Planet." She held her hand out, which Kaldur leapt to shake. "This is Jimmy, he'll be snapping a few candids throughout the interview."

"Hi." Jimmy said, a young man of 19 or 20. "Don't worry, you won't even notice me."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Kaldur said in a well-rehearsed, Americanized phonetic. 

"Good to see you again, Lo." Dick called.

"Robin," She looked him up and down. "You've grown."

"Thank you."

"And Kid Flash, right?" She asked, gesturing at Wally. "I haven't seen you since you were just starting out."

"Believe it or not, I've grown too."

"I believe it."

"Isn't your friend with you?" Robin asked. "I rarely see you without him."

"Clark's busy today." She replied. "Of all the days, am I right?"

"HI! I'm Ms. Martian!" Their hand shot out at Lois, hand-made friendship bracelets sliding down it. "It's so good to meet you! Everyone always talks about you like you're really important."

"Hello Ms. Martian." Lois shook her hand, noticing their skin was slicker and less porus than a human's. "You're new aren't you?"

"I came over on Uncle's ship a few months ago. I wanted to see earth so badly after everything I saw on TV!" She babbled. "Plus it was safer here than.... what?"

Aqualad pulled her back. "Let's not overwhelm Ms. Lane with information."

"He means shut your big mouth." Wally teased. "Trust me, I know the tone very well."

"Trust the gingers to overshare." Artemis tutted, extending her own scar-laden arm. "Good to meet you I guess."

"You too." Lois replied. "I guess." She sat across from the kids. "Artemis right? Speedy's replacement."

"Please don't let that be my legacy." She sighed. "But yeah, basically."

"Isn't speedy here?"

"First, he goes by Red Arrow now," Artemis began. "Second, he's too much of a pompus jerk to work with us."

Kaldur dug his elbow in under her ribs. He had positioned himself to be right between the instigators (Conner and Artemis) and within arms reach of the chatterboxes (Wally and M'gann). He prayed that Robin, being the most media savvy of the group, would be able to behave himself.

"You must be Superboy." Lois said coldly, watching Conner.

"I am." Conner said, oblivious to her unfriendly tone.

"I think we should get started." Dick said casually, flashing his award-winning charismatic smile.

"Right then." She removed a recorder, setting it on the table before her. "So, what's it like working with the justice league?"