Chores

-What can I say?  I was inspired to give yall some harmless goofballery-

"Stupid league and they're stupid, stupid chores!" Robin whined. "Ugh! I'm gonna need to see my massage therapist after this..."

"No one's making you enter our house uninvited, Robin."

"Wait, you have a massage therapist?" Artemis demanded, knee deep in crumpled news paper and splintery wooden pallets. "Why don't I get a massage therapist??"

"Let's just finish cleaning out the storage room and we'll be done." Kaldur said. "This... this is the only one they wanted you to clean, right?"

"Well..." M'gann tugged her fingers. "You see..."

"No." Conner blurted out. "They want five."

"Five?!" Dick gaped. "Five storage rooms like this?"

"They did the thing! You know none of us can resist the thing!" M'gann whined. 

"You don't mean they--"

"They asked if we liked proving ourselves!" Conner cried, smacking himself in frustration. "Of course we like proving ourselves! Everyone does!"

"Okay, we'll just finish this room, and then we'll break for pizza." Kaldur reasoned. That seemed like a fair trade and it bucked the others up so much they got back on track: sorting objects into 'keep', 'review', 'trash', and 'recycling' piles, and shrieking for Kaldur, Conner or M'gann to deal with  the spiders they found. Well, Wally and Robin did most of the shrieking, but it was a team effort.

"WHOA! Rob! Look!" Wally rifled through news paper and yanked something out of the battered cardboard box.

"WHOA times two!" Dick dropped what he was doing. "That looks like a prototype for our current utility belts! I have to tell bats." 

"Take a pic! take a pic with me holding it!" Wally grinned.

He whipped his phone out. "I'm on it, now, give me that winning smile..."

"Aw, you're too much!"

"No pizza until we're done." Kaldur reminded, reinvigorating them.

"Yeah yeah, one sec." Dick sent off the photo and tapped voice memo. "Hey, B, I was just helping the guys clean out the storage rooms-- like the good friend I am-- and I think we found an old belt from WAYYY back before I started! You gotta check it out."

"While you nerds nerd out about your nerdy old-timey junk belt, Supes, wanna help me take these into the hall?" Artemis said, grabbing one pallet and struggling to drag it out. her friend raised the other six and followed.

"Only eight more pallets of boxes left to go and-- AWW!" M'gann shot up to the corner of the room. "Who's the cutest lil' buggy wuggy? Who's got eight legs and is walking into my heart? You are!"

"You aliens are build different!" His phone buzzed. "Oh, it's the big guy! He said 'Put that down. early versions of the utility belt are prone to go off on their own, leave it there until I get back from this meeting. -B'." Robin scoffed. "Why does he sign off on his texts? You don't need to do that, dad!"

"Did he say this thing goes off on it's own?" Wally asked. "We better..."

"AH! She's pregnant too! look at that pudgy little egg sac!" M'gann thrust something off-white and round in Wally's face. "Isn't it SO cute? Wolf spiders cradle their egg sacs so they can carry around their little babies--"

Wally didn't know if his lungs had ever screamed so loud in his life. He tried to put as much distance as possible between him and that thing! The back of his leg hit something hard, and with his jumpy mind, he could only think one thing: more spiders!  He yelped again and, before he could hit the floor, he desperately threw the belt at Robin.