Regressed (Part 2)

-ask and ye shall receive-

Once they'd gotten the kids changed, they carried them to breakfast, even Kaldur, though he was so embarrassed about his king carrying him that he'd buried his face in his sleeves. 

Bruce was hesitant to admit that he'd just had his best sleep in months; the toddler on his chest forcing him to stay put in bed until Dick began to squirm and fuss.

It was only eight am and Conner had already thrown a fit when they tried to change him, and was threatening a second if they called him 'baby' again. In their defense: he looked like a baby.

"I wann' help." M'gann chirped, reaching up to turn on the stove.

"No, no, no." Canary swept her off their feet, turning off the stove. "You're a little small to be operating that, sweetheart."

"No I'm not." She whined.

Canary set her down again. "Go sit with uncle J'onn, okay?"

They grumbled a little about not being allowed to help in her own kitchen, but sat at his uncle's feet obediently. J'onn, though not the most touchy person, knew that children needed physical contact, and thus scooped her up onto his lap.

"Hey!" Conner shouted as Flash opened the fridge. "That's ours!"

"Yeah!" M'gann exclaimed. People were always coming into the mountain and using their stuff without asking!

"Conner? M'gann?" Canary  bent to their height. "Is it okay if we use your food? We'll give you more money for groceries once you're big again."

The two aliens whispered across the table, before deciding: "Okay".

She thanked the children and poured them some juice. Flash located some yogurt and cereal for them. 

It was hard for the kids to eat; when you're used to your arm being 13 inches,  it's a bit jarring for it to be 8 inches, they spilled a fair bit of cereal-- much to their own ire. The adults didn't seem to share their frustrations, busily cleaning them up as if they couldn't do it on their own.

"We need to run some tests to tell if this deaging is biologic." Bats announced. "Flash?"

"Yep, can do." Barry replied, wiping his nephew's face clean. "We'll just need some blood, and maybe saliva or urine samples if we want to cover all out bases..."

"I'm not doing tests!" Conner announced to the kitchen at large. "I'm not going there!"

"Come on, b-- Conner, please?" Canary pleaded. "It'll only be a minute."

"No."

Meanwhile, the two-year-old was already working on cuffing his sleeve. Dick had his blood taken so often it was just routine for him. 

"If it's the med bay you don't like," Barry began, knowing many people were scared of hospitals, "We can take your blood out here."

"Really?"

"Sure."

Conner nodded and shut up. He still didn't like having tests run on him, but it was better to not be forced into a medical station. The med bay reminded him too much of CADMUS.

Artemis almost yawned herself off her chair, Oliver catching her at the last moment. "Careful kid."

She death-stared him. It wasn't like she meant to fall! It was only because she was stuck in this stupid little body she couldn't control properly!

Kaldur was having similar issues. His king was hovering over him carefully and it was awkward! He worked for this person, he tried to impress this person, and they were now babysitting him!